- Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies
- Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Consulting & Training
How do I?
Consulting & Training
Our team, led by instructional designers, supports the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning. Some of our services include:
- Consulting –We will consult with you on any of our tools and services. These consultation sessions can range from finding out how to use a teaching and learning tool, use it more effectively, mitigate problems you’re experiencing using a tool, or help you select a tool to use based on your pedagogical needs. Request a consultation with an Instructional Designer
- Workshops for faculty, staff, and graduate students – We deliver workshops on our tools and services in a variety of formats, from hands-on in lab instruction to online demos. In addition to our standard suite of offerings, we will tailor a workshop to your needs and deliver it to an audience of your choosing. View our workshop listings
- Workshops and Consultations for students - In-class workshops are available for instructors who require the use of a technology tool to complete an assignment; students may follow-up with the trainers for additional help as needed.
- Problem resolution – our UND Tech Support team are available by chat, phone, email and in person to dig as deep as necessary to resolve your problem, find a workaround, or report an unresolvable issue to the product vendor. Support staff are located in the lower level of Student Union and Robertson-Sayre Hall. Teams serve Classrooms, Service Desk, Desktop and Help Desk.
- Accessibility – we work with the Disability Services for Students to mitigate technology barriers to learning experienced by students with disabilities; and work with the Affirmative Action Office and University & Public Affairs to make university resources more accessible in areas such as web accessibility, captioning, and document accessibility. Learn how to make your course accessible.