- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Adobe Connect enables live, interactive classes and group collaboration. This five minute tutorial gives an overview about Adobe Connect and some of the things it can do.
Not sure which tool to use? Visit the Meeting Tools page to help identify the best solution for you.
Prior to attending a live Adobe Connect meeting it is recommended to complete a Preflight. A Preflight helps ensure the required hardware, software and internet connectivity to provide the best audio and video performance for meetings. Complete a Self Service Preflight by following the directions on the Preflight tab.
Go to» Schedule A Guided Preflight
Accessing Adobe Connect
To log in, enter your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit this website for username and password questions.
Password changes sync at 5:00 a.m. CST daily. Continue to use the old password or Guest access until the password has synced.
1. Request an Adobe Connect Live Classroom.
- Live Classrooms are intended for courses in the Academic Catalog with class sessions that meet 2-3 times a week and actively collaborate with multiple parties at a distance. To request an Adobe Connect Live Classroom please complete this form.
- In an effort to provide the best possible Adobe Connect experience and minimize potential technical issues that may be experienced by faculty and students, a new Adobe Connect Live Classroom should be requested each semester. Please note: this is not the same as requesting a Blackboard course.
2. Adobe Connect room request has been completed.
- Once the Adobe Connect Live Classroom request has been processed, an email containing the room URL will be sent to the requestor and a Web Link button labeled Adobe Connect will be added to your Blackboard course menu.
- The Web Link is customized to automatically open a new browser window and load the Adobe Connect room for the course specified in the request.
3. Complete a podium training, Preflight or workshop, as applicable.
- If teaching from a UND classroom, contact Classroom Services to schedule a podium training. 701.777.6325.
- If teaching from a home or office computer, run through the Preflight. Workshops and training sessions are also available. Please view the available workshops by selecting the "CILT Workshops and Training Sessions" button below.
Go To» CILT Workshops and Training Sessions
1. Request an Adobe Connect Seminar room.
- Seminar rooms allowing up to 200 participants may be requested for grant work, university meetings, interview/position searches, student organization meetings and other special events. If you already have a Seminar room, please go to the Seminar scheduling site to check the availability of licenses and schedule a session. Please allow two business days for Tech Support to complete the necessary scheduling on the Adobe Connect system.
- If you do not currently have a Seminar room to schedule a session in, please complete this form to request one be created. This will allow you to choose a custom URL for the meeting, and select Guest and Host access options.
- Form users will be prompted to log in with their NDUS.Identifier username and password. Visit the NDUS.Identifier page for username and password questions.
- Once the Seminar room has been created, the meetings can just be scheduled using the Seminar scheduling site link above.
- If you are interested in Virtual Office Hours please visit the Meeting Tools page to see the compatible tools.
- Collaboration Services are available to provide video and collaboration related systems and services in support of education and research. To request collaboration services, visit CILT's Steaming Media site.
2. Adobe Connect Seminar session request completed.
- Once the Adobe Connect Seminar room scheduling request has been processed, an email will be sent confirming the room reservation.
3. Complete a Preflight or workshop, as applicable.
- Prior to participating in an Adobe Connect Seminar session please, r un through the Preflight tab. Workshops and training sessions are also available. Please view the available workshops by selecting the "CILT Workshops and Training Sessions" button below.
Go To» CILT Workshops and Training Sessions
Accessing Adobe Connect
To log in to an Adobe Connect room or the server, enter your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit this website for username and password questions.
Password changes sync at 5 a.m. CST daily. Continue to use the old password or Guest access until the password has synced.
Seminar/Live Classroom Guidelines
Live Classrooms should be requested each semester. Live Classrooms rooms will not be recycled.
- Adobe Connect rooms will start being created approximately one month before the start of term. Once this window is open, Adobe Connect requests will be processed within two business days. A new Connect room will be created, and information about the Adobe Connect room will be emailed to the requestor and a web link for the room will be added to the corresponding Blackboard course.
- Seminar Rooms require two business days for Tech Support to complete the necessary scheduling on the Adobe Connect system.
Live Classrooms are set to allow only registered users or accepted guests. With this setting, anyone who is in the IdM (Identity Management) system can log in to the room, or guests may request entry.
- Users are added as participants, and instructors can set the Adobe Connect room to automatically promote participants to presenter status if desired. Hosts status is given to a user based on the request form information. In most cases, participants/presenters cannot enter the Adobe Connect room unless a Host is already logged in.
- Two weeks after the end of the term room Hosts will be retired and given only Participant status in a room. Contact UND Tech Support if Host access is required after this time for the purposes of working with existing room recordings only.
- Seminar Rooms access and role settings vary depending on the seminar needs.
Room Titles and URLs
- For reoccurring Adobe Connect Live Classroom sessions, the naming scheme is Term Dept###: Full Course name. For example: Spring2016 Coun522: Management of School Counseling Programs. The URL is made up of three parts: TermYRDept###. For example: spring2016swk522, fall2015coun500, etc.
- The naming scheme and URL is flexible for one-time Adobe Connect meetings.
- The Seminar rooms Title and URL will vary depending on the seminar needs and specifications.
- For Adobe Connect live classroom and seminar rooms, recordings and associated content (uploaded PowerPoint, PDF and flash files, etc.) will be archived and removed from the Breeze server after one year plus one term. Additional information can be found on the CILT Digital File Retention Policy webpage.
- CILT retains the archived files digital files of courses in accordance with UND records management guidelines.
Content Size Limitation
- Currently there are no size limitations on content associated with Adobe Content live classroom or Seminar room.
Prior to attending an Adobe Connect meeting it is recommended to complete a Preflight. A Preflight helps ensure the required hardware, software and internet connectivity to provide the best audio and video performance for meetings.
Meeting attendees watch the Adobe Connect Self Service Preflight Tutorial videos, follow the steps provided and then go to an unmonitored Adobe Connect room to test audio and video. If any technical problems are encountered or there are additional questions, it is recommended to sign up for a Guided Preflight.
1. Check your internet connection.
Please make sure to have a wired internet connection or make arrangements to connect directly to the modem/router before continuing the Preflight.
Wireless or satellite internet connections do not work with Adobe Connect because the audio and video tends to skip or be delayed. Please note the issue does not always seem apparent to the user who has a wireless or satellite connection, but other participants may notice a delay or audio cutting out.
2. Setting up headset and webcam.
A wired USB headset is required for most program. Please make sure to have a wired USB headset before continuing the Preflight.
Plug the headset into the computer now and select your operating system to see how to set the default audio.
If your program requires a webcam and your computer has a built-in webcam, there is nothing you need to do. If you are using an external USB webcam plug it in now.
3. Run the Adobe Connect Diagnostic.
Please visit the Adobe Connect Diagnostic page to test the computer for participation in an Adobe Connect Meeting. It should pass all 4 check marks.
4. Tutorial and equipment check.
You are now ready to check your equipment. Visit the link below and sign in with your NDUS.identifier to run the Audio Setup Wizard and test your speakers, microphone, and webcam.
5. Guided Preflight
If you encounter any technical problems, or you are a Student/Instructor new to Adobe Connect it is highly recommended to sign up for a Guided Preflight with a Tech Support representative using the "Schedule A Guided Preflight" button below. Start a chat with UND Tech Support when it is time for your Preflight appointment by going to techsupport.und.edu and clicking on the button for "Chat with us".
Meeting attendees schedule a day and time for a Guided Preflight. All scheduled times are listed as Central Daylight Time (CDT). At the time of the appointment go to the UND Tech Support page and at the top of the left-side navigation click "Chat with us." The attendee and a Tech Support representative will go through the Preflight process step-by-step and visit an Adobe Connect room for one-on-one testing of equipment and Adobe Connect navigation.
Go To» Schedule A Guided Preflight
The Adobe Connect Tutorials use Atomic Learning. After selecting a tutorial you may be asked to log in using your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit the NDUS.Identifier page for username and password questions.
- Tips to Avoid Technical Glitches
- Occasionally web camera views will freeze. To resolve, verify the settings below are selected, then exit and re-enter the Adobe Connect room.
- Meeting > Preferences > Video- Video quality should be set to Low (slider moved to the far left)
- Meeting > Preferences > Video- Aspect ratio should be set to Standard (4:3)
- Sometimes when loading a PDF or PowerPoint (PPT and PPTX) presentation using the Share Pod an error message displays saying that the upload failed, however the PDF or PowerPoint does successfully load in the Share Pod once exited from the “Select Document to Share” dialogue window. Upload items prior to the beginning of class whenever possible and verify that the content uploaded successfully before class begins.
- While using Adobe Connect with certain versions Google Chrome there can be a compatibility error message. Please try upgrading the Google Chrome browser to the most recent version.