A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Adobe Connect enables live, interactive classes and group collaboration. This five minute tutorial gives an overview about Adobe Connect and some of the things it can do.
Not sure which tool to use? Visit the Meeting Tools page to help identify the best solution for you.
Go to» Self Service Preflight
Preflight & Equipment Check
Users may get "stuck" on the "Loading Adobe Connect" window. Uninstall the current version of the Adobe Connect 9 Add-in and install the new add-in. Fix the Add-in issue with these instructions.
Prior to attending a live Adobe Connect meeting it is recommended to complete a Preflight. A Preflight helps ensure the required hardware, software and internet connectivity to provide the best audio and video performance for meetings. Complete a Self Service Preflight by selecting the Go to» Self Service Preflight button above.
Accessing Adobe Connect
To log in, enter your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit this website for username and password questions.
Password changes sync at 5:00 a.m. CST daily. Continue to use the old password or Guest access until the password has synced.
1. Request an Adobe Connect Live Classroom.
- Live Classrooms are intended for courses in the Academic Catalog with class sessions that meet 2-3 times a week and actively collaborate with multiple parties at a distance. To request an Adobe Connect Live Classroom please complete this form.
- In an effort to provide the best possible Adobe Connect experience and minimize potential technical issues that may be experienced by faculty and students, a new Adobe Connect Live Classroom should be requested each semester. Please note: Adobe Connect will no longer be available starting Summer 2018.
2. Adobe Connect room request has been completed.
- Once the Adobe Connect Live Classroom request has been processed, a ticket containing the room URL will be sent to the requestor.
- Share the URL with students prior to the first class meeting time. Follow these instructions to add an Adobe Connect web link button to the Blackboard course menu.
3. Complete a podium training or workshop, as applicable.
- If teaching from a UND classroom, contact Classroom Services to schedule a podium training. 701.777.6325.
- Workshops and training sessions are also available.
Go To» CILT Workshops and Training Sessions
1. Request an Adobe Connect Seminar room.
- Seminar rooms allowing up to 200 participants may be requested for grant work, university meetings, interview/position searches, student organization meetings and other special events. If you already have a Seminar room, please go to the Seminar scheduling site to check the availability of licenses and schedule a session. Please allow two business days for Tech Support to complete the necessary scheduling on the Adobe Connect system.
- If you do not currently have a Seminar room to schedule a session in, please complete this form to request one be created. This will allow you to choose a custom URL for the meeting, and select Guest and Host access options.
- Form users will be prompted to log in with their NDUS.Identifier username and password. Visit the NDUS.Identifier page for username and password questions.
- Once the Seminar room has been created, the meetings can just be scheduled using the Seminar scheduling site link above.
- If you are interested in Virtual Office Hours please visit the Meeting Tools page to see the compatible tools.
- Collaboration Services are available to provide video and collaboration related systems and services in support of education and research. To request collaboration services, visit CILT's Steaming Media site.
2. Adobe Connect Seminar session request completed.
- Once the Adobe Connect Seminar room scheduling request has been processed, an email will be sent confirming the room reservation.
3. Participate in a workshop, as applicable.
- Workshops and training sessions are also available. Please view the available workshops by selecting the "CILT Workshops and Training Sessions" button below.
Go To» CILT Workshops and Training Sessions
Accessing Adobe Connect
To log in to an Adobe Connect room or the server, enter your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit this website for username and password questions.
Password changes sync at 5 a.m. CST daily. Continue to use the old password or Guest access until the password has synced.
Seminar/Live Classroom Guidelines
Live Classrooms should be requested each semester. Live Classrooms rooms will not be recycled.
- Adobe Connect rooms will start being created approximately one month before the start of term. Once this window is open, Adobe Connect requests will be processed within two business days. A new Connect room will be created, and information about the Adobe Connect room will be emailed to the requestor and a web link for the room will be added to the corresponding Blackboard course.
- Seminar Rooms require two business days for Tech Support to complete the necessary scheduling on the Adobe Connect system.
Live Classrooms are set to allow only registered users or accepted guests. With this setting, anyone who is in the IdM (Identity Management) system can log in to the room, or guests may request entry.
- Users are added as participants, and instructors can set the Adobe Connect room to automatically promote participants to presenter status if desired. Hosts status is given to a user based on the request form information. In most cases, participants/presenters cannot enter the Adobe Connect room unless a Host is already logged in.
- Two weeks after the end of the term room Hosts will be retired and given only Participant status in a room. Contact UND Tech Support if Host access is required after this time for the purposes of working with existing room recordings only.
- Seminar Rooms access and role settings vary depending on the seminar needs.
Room Titles and URLs
- For reoccurring Adobe Connect Live Classroom sessions, the naming scheme is Term Dept###: Full Course name. For example: Spring2016 Coun522: Management of School Counseling Programs. The URL is made up of three parts: TermYRDept###. For example: spring2016swk522, fall2015coun500, etc.
- The naming scheme and URL is flexible for one-time Adobe Connect meetings.
- The Seminar rooms Title and URL will vary depending on the seminar needs and specifications.
- For Adobe Connect live classroom and seminar rooms, recordings and associated content (uploaded PowerPoint, PDF and flash files, etc.) will be archived and removed from the Breeze server after one year plus one term. Additional information can be found on the CILT Digital File Retention Policy webpage.
- CILT retains the archived files digital files of courses in accordance with UND records management guidelines.
Content Size Limitation
- Currently there are no size limitations on content associated with Adobe Content live classroom or Seminar room.
The Adobe Connect Tutorials use Hoonuit by Atomic Learning. After selecting a tutorial you may be asked to log in using your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit the NDUS.Identifier page for username and password questions.
- Users may get "stuck" on the "Loading Adobe Connect" window. To fix this issue, users should uninstall their current version of the Adobe Connect 9 Add-in and install the new add-in. Fix the Add-in issue with these instructions.
- Tips to Avoid Technical Glitches
- Occasionally web camera views will freeze. To resolve, verify the settings below are selected, then exit and re-enter the Adobe Connect room.
- Meeting > Preferences > Video- Video quality should be set to Low (slider moved to the far left)
- Meeting > Preferences > Video- Aspect ratio should be set to Standard (4:3)
- Sometimes when loading a PDF or PowerPoint (PPT and PPTX) presentation using the Share Pod an error message displays saying that the upload failed, however the PDF or PowerPoint does successfully load in the Share Pod once exited from the “Select Document to Share” dialogue window. Upload items prior to the beginning of class whenever possible and verify that the content uploaded successfully before class begins.
- While using Adobe Connect with certain versions Google Chrome there can be a compatibility error message. Please try upgrading the Google Chrome browser to the most recent version.