- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
- Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies
- Tech Support
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
It is strongly recommended that personally owned computers connecting to the UND network have anti-virus software running at all times. Visit the Network Access Page to learn more about SafeConnect Access Control.
All UND owned computers connecting to UND network are required to have university’s antivirus software. UND provides Kaspersky and SCEP (System Center Endpoint Protection) free of charge. For additional information about endpoint protection, please visit with your IT department or UND Tech Support
Approved Anti-Virus Software for the UND Network
Kaspersky* - As part of the NDUS relationship with Kaspersky, faculty, staff and students can purchase Kaspersky home security products at a significantly reduced price through the NDUS Purchase Portal.
- Microsoft Windows Defender* - Windows Defender comes pre-installed with each copy of Windows 8 and 10.
- Microsoft Security Essentials* -Security Essentials is the free version available for use on home and personal computers using Windows 7. Security Essentials is nearly identical to Forefront except that it does not contain the ability to be remotely managed by the NDUS Forefront server. It utilizes the same updates and scan engine which ensures the same level of protection for your home computer.
- Microsoft Forefront* - Forefront is available for all University-owned computers as part of the NDUS Microsoft Campus Agreement. To install Forefront on your university-owned computer, contact your local IT support person, UND Technical Support at 701.777.6305, or download and install Forefront yourself. This download is only available to current faculty and staff and you will need to authenticate with your NDUS.Identifier.
Kaspersky * - As part of the NDUS relationship with Kaspersky, faculty, staff and students can purchase Kaspersky home security products at a significantly reduced price through the NDUS Purchase Portal .
- Avira for Mac*
- Sophos for Mac
AVG for Mac
- SafeConnect may not recognize AVG as a supported anti-virus software. This may result in users being quarantined from the network. Affected users are generally in the residence halls.
- Bitdefender for Mac
- ClamXav for Mac
- Intego for Mac
- Kaspersky for Mac
- McAfee for Mac
- Microsoft SCEP for Mac- Windows SCEP for Mac comes pre-installed on some Macs.
- Norton for Mac
- Panda for Mac
- TrendMicro for Mac
At this time you are not required to have an antivirus program installed on your Linux machine. However, if you would like one, there are several free and subscription-based options.