- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
- Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies
- Tech Support
- Blackboard Voice
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Blackboard Voice Recording Options
Overview of Voice Features
Voice content and messages can increase the interaction and student engagement level of any course. Voice applications in a course include:
- Voice Content - Create personal messages or narrate content.
- Audio Messages - Post and listen to voice messages within discussion boards, blogs, journals, wikis, and assignments.
- Voice Email - Send and listen to voice through email messages.
- Course-Narrated Podcasts - Create or upload podcasts for user subscription.
- Course-Narrated Presentation - Narrate presentations to increase understanding and connections.
- Assignment Feedback - Speak to students when giving feedback on student work.
Voice Tool Options
- Audio recordings
- Pre-installed on Window computers
- Create audio files to be uploaded/linked in Blackboard.
- Creating a recording using Sound Recorder - Windows 7
- Creating a recording using Voice Recorder - Windows 10
- Audio, screen, and video recording
- Pre-installed on Mac computers
- Create audio and/or video files to be uploaded/linked in Blackboard.
- Creating a recording using QuickTime
Blackboard Grader App—iPad only
- Audio, video recording, and speech-to-text
- Free app must be downloaded from the App Store.
- Used on Apple iPads to provide text or audio feedback to student assignments.
- Microphone can be used to speak your text into the textbox or into the comments section in the document markup area.
- Visit Blackboard's support website for assistance on creating feedback recordings.
Export/Upload Audio in Blackboard
Upload Recordings to Blackboard
Note: The embed audio button has a known issue that will make all audio clips on one page play automatically and simultaneously and should not be used to upload recordings.