A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Citrix allows you to remotely access various applications from home, work, and mobile devices from any location that has an internet connection by simply installing a small plugin (Citrix Receiver).
If software used by your department isn't listed, contact UND Tech Support to request it.
1. Download and install the Citrix Receiver. The link for the install can be found at https://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.html
2. After installation, run the Citrix Receiver.
3. When prompted to enter work email or server address, enter: https://myapps.und.edu .
4. Select Add.
There are two ways to access applications on Citrix. One method is to use the Citrix Receiver application (preferred), and the other is to log in to the Citrix webpage. Either option requires the Citrix Receiver to be installed.
Citrix Receiver - Desktop Application (preferred)
To log in to the Citrix Receiver from your desktop, enter the following:
Password: Enter your NDUS password
Visit the NDUS.Identifier page for username and password questions.
1. Go to the https://myapps.und.edu.
2.To log in, enter your NDUS.Identifier and password. Visit the NDUS.Identifier page for username and password questions.
Access Virtual Desktop Applications (Engineering Software)
The following applications will now be available through Engineering Lab Virtual Desktops: Risa 3D 8.0.0, ETAP, Circuit Design 14 (Multisim and Ultiboard), Labview 2015, Matlab 2015a, ANSYS 16, CST 2015, Creo Parametric 3.0, ChemCAD 6.5.7. To access these applications, please follow these steps:
1. Install and log in to Citrix.
2. Access the virtual desktop.
- If using the Citrix Receiver desktop client, click the + option on the left and select All Applications. Locate the Engineering Lab icon to launch the virtual desktop. Note: If you do not see the Engineering Lab listed, you will need to log in and click refresh apps.
- If using the Citrix web client, click on the Desktop tab to locate and launch the virtual desktop.
3. Once the virtual desktop loads, locate the Engineering Lab folder or click the Windows start button and select All Programs to view a list of available programs. Select the program you wish to load.
4. To save files, please follow the saving instructions listed under the Tutorials tab. Note: Any files saved to the virtual desktop will be deleted after the session ends.
All other applications will be listed under Applications within Citrix.
The following are known issues and frequent questions.
- Citrix Error - Server Has Reached Concurrent Application Limit
- If you receive the following error message when attempting to open an application, then all available copies of that application are currently in use. This is a generic system error that is reported. "The Citrix server has reached its concurrent application limit for this application."
- You can also receive this error if you are trying to open up a program that you already have open.
- When exiting all programs in Citrix, be sure to exit through File> Exit rather than using the X in the top right corner to prevent this issue.
- Sometimes Citrix does not display local drives due to a permission error. This tutorial explains how to make the missing drives reappear.
- The Help Option within SPSS 22 attempts to open an Internet Explorer window, which never fully loads and may cause SPSS to close. Please use SPSS 22 Help-Tutorial from the Citrix application list when attempting to access these Help materials.
- AMOS Graphics Error - AMOS 22 Software may give an error that states the Normal.amt cannot be found. The work around for this is to contact UND Tech Support to request to have the template file added to the Udrive folder. Once the file has been added, use the following steps:
- Log into Citrix (https://myapps.und.edu)
- Open AMOS Graphics
- The student will receive an error that the Normal.amt cannot be found, click OK.
- In the application Menu, choose File > New with Template.
- In the Open dialog box, on the left hand side, scroll down to Udrive (U:). double click on it.
- In the right hand side of the open dialog box find the AMOS folder, double click on it.
- Select the Normal.amt file and click Open