- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
- Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies
- Tech Support
- Computer Purchases
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
|View all system statuses »|
University Computer Purchasing Process
This is for departmental computer purchases only. Before making purchases, visit with your department IT support.
- All UND computers (PC-Windows) must be purchased on the UND Dell Premium page with exceptions noted below. These computers will have on-campus warranty service and replacement parts and swap-outs for preferred bundles.
- All other Dell computers will have warranty service.
- The UND Dell Premium page includes three lines of computers; Optiplex (entry/mid-level computer), Precision (workstation/laptop) and the Latitude (laptop). Each line has a preferred configuration (with on-campus replacement and swap-out service) as well as a customize feature for added flexibility.
- To access the UND Dell Premium page individuals must have an account with a user name and password. To request an account contact UND Tech Support at UND.techsupport@UND.edu. The URL for UND’s Dell Premier Page is http://premier.dell.com
- The purchase of Apple products is authorized and coordinated through UND Tech Support. To request a quote contact UND Tech Support at UND.techsupport@UND.edu.
- All computers regardless of make or model will have on-site basic, non-warranty support.
UND purchasing will forward all other requests for exceptions to the Office of the CIO. These exceptions most likely will involve bid-only requests.
- Within 3 working days the Office of the CIO will make one of the following recommendations to the purchaser and UND Purchasing:
- Request for additional information;
- Forward exception to University General Counsel for review;
- Approve/Disapprove purchase.
- The UND Bookstore may offer PC and Apple products at educational prices.
- Students may purchase Dell computers from the Dell Student Discount Program website at www.dell.com/und. These products will also have on-campus warranty service depending on technician certification.