A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Duo Two-Factor Authentication
To provide increased security, the North Dakota University System has implemented Duo two-factor authentication when accessing sensitive information in PeopleSoft HRMS Employee Self-Service and all areas of PeopleSoft Finance from on and off campus locations as of April 4th, 2017.
Two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your online accounts by requiring a second factor (phone or other mobile device). This prevents someone from accessing your account, even if they have your username or password.
NDUS Duo Portal
Access to add, edit, or delete devices
For more information on Duo Two-Factor Authentication visit https://guide.duo.com.
When accessing sensitive information within PeopleSoft HRMS (Employee Self Service) such as paychecks, tax, and direct deposit information, users will be prompted enter their NDUS.Identifier and password and then asked to Duo authenticate by one of several methods.
When accessing PeopleSoft Finance, users will be prompted to Duo Authenticate immediately after logging in with their NDUS.Identifier and password.
Do not approve Duo challenges to logins if not currently expecting one. Immediately contact IT support for your area or UND Tech Support for assistance.
If you wish to add, edit or delete associated devices, you may do so from the NDUS Duo Portal. You will need to login using your NDUS.Identier and Password and authenticate using Duo first. If you are not able to authenticate, please contact UND Tech Support for assistance.
The currently supported devices include iPhone and iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and cell phones and landlines.
Send Me a Push
Pushes a login request to a user's phone or tablet (if Duo Mobile is installed and activated on an iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry device). Just review the request and tap " Approve" to log in.
Authenticate via phone callback. The caller will be prompted to press "5" to approve the login.
Enter a Passcode
Log in using a passcode, either generated with Duo Mobile, sent via SMS, or provided by an administrator. Click "Send codes" to get a new batch of passcodes texted to a mobile device.
Click into the passcode entry field and tap the Yubikey to generate and submit a passcode.
*Contact UND Tech Support for Yubikey purchasing options.
Enrolling in Duo
Users must enroll before using Duo Two-Factor Authentication to access protected systems. Users will only need to enroll once.
- UND faculty, staff, and student employees should have received an enrollment email from email@example.com with a subject line of NDUS Duo Security Enrollment. For easier enrollment, users should open this email from a computer and have a secondary device nearby.
- Click the link provided in the email to be taken to the Duo enrollment page. This link will expire 30 days from when it is sent. If your link has expired, contact UND Tech Support.
- Click the Start Setup button and follow the prompts to add a mobile phone (recommended), tablet (iPad, Nexus 7, etc.), or landline to the Duo system. View this enrollment guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Please note, if using a mobile phone or tablet, you may be prompted to install the Duo Mobile app. If you wish to setup a mobile phone without using the Duo Mobile app, you should select OTHER when prompted for the Type of phone.
- Once completed, you will have access to NDUS systems protected by Duo.
Contact UND Tech Support for assistance with Duo Two-Factor Authentication enrollment and authentication.
I have not received the Duo enrollment email.
Ensure that the email address listed in HRMS Employee Self Service is correct or contact UND Tech Support for assistance.
How do I add a new device?
- For a step-by-step guide on adding a new device to Duo Two-Factor Authentication directly from the Duo prompt, visit https://guide.duo.com/add-device.
- Additionally, the guide for managing devices can be found at https://guide.duo.com/manage-devices.
- You may also access the NDUS Duo Portal to add, edit, or delete devices from your account.
I can't log into a system using Duo.
If you cannot log into a system that is using Duo, first ensure that you have enrolled in Duo Two-Factor Authentication or contact UND Tech Support for assistance.
How do I change my phone number in Duo?
I've got a new phone with the same phone number and want to Duo app activated.
- A step-by-step guide for managing devices including reactivating Duo mobile for a new phone can be found at https://guide.duo.com/manage-devices.
- Access the NDUS Duo Portal to add, edit, or delete devices from your account as well as activate the Duo Mobile app for the new phone.
- You may also contact IT support for your area or UND Tech Support to have a re-activation sent to you.
Where do I find the Duo Mobile App?
I cannot get Duo to push to the Duo app on my device.
If a user is having issues getting Duo to push to a device they can try the methods below:
- Ensure connection to the network.
- Turn off wifi and use mobile data.
- Restart the device.
If one method does not work, try a different one to avoid being locked out. If none of the methods work, contact IT support for your area or UND Tech Support.
I recently had a name change and now cannot log in.
Because a username change creates a new login, you will have to re-enroll in Duo. Please contact IT support for your area or UND Tech Support.
How can I get a Yubikey token?
Contact UND Tech Support for Yubikey purchasing options.
Duo looks strange in my browser.
For the best results we do not recommend using Internet Explorer's Compatibility View with Duo authentication. You may be able to turn off Compatibility View yourself.
From the Address bar:
If the Compatibility View button displays in the Address bar to the right of the page address, you can click the button to exit Compatibility mode.
From the Internet Explorer Tools Menu:
In the Internet Explorer browser window press the Alt key to display the menu bar. Navigate to "Tools," "Compatibility View settings"and make one or more of the following changes:
- Remove the website where you use Duo authentication from the "Websites you've added to Compatibility View"
- Uncheck the "Display all websites in Compatibility View" option if present and enabled.
- Uncheck the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" option.
Click the "Close" button to save your change.
Contact your administrator if the Duo authentication prompt continues to display incorrectly.