- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Read&Write is an easy-to-use, intuitive toolbar add-on for PCs and Macs that supports students with reading, writing, studying, and research. Read&Write seamlessly integrates with Microsoft applications, PDFs, e-mail, the Internet, and other software. With over 20 tools available, you can:
- Hear text read aloud to improve reading comprehension, with a choice of natural voices.
- Understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries.
- Highlight and copy text from documents and web pages to create study guides, outlines or complete assignments.
- Supports writing skills with word prediction.
- Turn text from documents and web pages into MP3 sound files for listening on the move.
- Check writing mistakes with proofreading tools.
UND students, faculty, and staff are allowed one free copy of the Read&Write software. To obtain your copy, use the links below:
- Download Read&Write for Windows
- Download Read&Write for Mac
When prompted for an Activation Code, do not enter any information, simply click Activate.
The installed Read&Write program has built-in tutorials, which you can select by using the down arrow next to any icon, or by clicking the arrow to the right of the puzzle icon on the toolbar and choosing “All Video Tours.”
Atomic Learning also has in-depth training on a slightly older version of Read&Write. Go to Atomic Learning, then sign in and enter “Read & Write Gold v11” in the search box.