- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
- Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies
- Tech Support
- Test Proctoring
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
UND Proctoring Services
Proctoring for Semester-Based & Enroll Anytime Online Courses
Some online courses require exams to be administered by a proctor. Students enrolled in online courses may choose from the following proctoring options:
- UND Online Testing Center - New location in McCannel Hall
- ProctorU - Live, online proctoring service available 24/7.
- Individual Proctor - Find your own approved proctor.
- Bismarck State College - Available to UND students located in the Bismarck area.
- Grand Forks Public Library - No longer available as of 1/1/17
Click the tabs below to learn more about each option. Be sure to designate your proctor before scheduling your exam appointment. This will ensure exam information is shared with your proctor prior to the exam.
Proctor Contact Information
UND Online Testing Center
McCannel Hall Rm 220
2891 2nd Ave N
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Monday 8am to 4:00pm
Wednesday 8am to 4:00pm
Thursday 8am to 4:00pm
Please plan accordingly for your testing needs. All appointments are required to be made at least 1 day prior to the exam. Click the link to the right for online scheduling.
ProctorU is a live, online proctoring service available 24/7 that allows students to take exams from anywhere using a webcam and Internet connection.
For a small fee, this service uses live proctors who monitor exams by observing the student (via webcam) and his/her computer screen in real time.
If your instructor has made your exam available on ProctorU, this may be an option for you!
Students make arrangements with an approved individual proctor. Proctors must be designated and accept the proctor role in order to receive the exam information.
Proctors may be:
- UND Online & Distance Education in Grand Forks, ND
- Bismarck State College Testing & Assessment Services in Bismarck, ND
- ProctorU live online proctoring service. Check your Blackboard course site or contact the instructor to find out if ProctorU is an option for the course.
- School or Public Librarians
- Educational Administrators (principal/superintendent)
- Local College Testing Center Staff
- Adult Learning Centers
- Guidance Counselors
- Commanding Officers
- Military Education Officers or Embassy Education Officers
Proctors may NOT be:
- Human Resources Representative
- Direct Supervisors
- Direct Reports / Employees
- Colleagues at Same Level
- Athletic or Assistant Coaches
- Personal Tutors
Bismarck State College, working in collaboration with the University of North Dakota, provides proctoring services free of charge to University of North Dakota students living in Bismarck and the surrounding areas.
Proctor Contact Information:
Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Phone - 701-224-5658
Fax - 701-224-5575
Test Proctoring Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
7:30 am to 4:00 pm