- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Starting Spring 2018, we will be transitioning our live/synchronous videoconferencing from Adobe Connect to Zoom.
Zoom is a cloud-based videoconferencing and collaboration platform. With Zoom you have the flexibility to create virtual classrooms and invite students to join from their desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Students can also share content from their devices such as PowerPoint presentations, and YouTube videos.
Zoom at UND is intended to be used for instructional classroom purposes only. Some possible applications for Zoom include:
- Instruction for remote students, virtual office hours
- Bringing in guest speakers via videoconference
- Online Learning (live/synchronous or hybrid courses)
Sign In To Zoom
- Go to UND.zoom.us
- Click Sign In
- On the NDUS Sign In page, enter your NDUS.Identifier username and password (same as used for Blackboard and Campus Connection)
- From the drop-down menu, scroll towards the bottom and select und.zoom.us
- Click Sign In
Accessing a Zoom Class Session (Students)
- Your instructor will post a link to your Zoom session in your Blackboard course prior to your first class session, if Zoom is being used.
- Please contact your instructor if you do not know the URL for your class.
Request a Zoom Account (Faculty/staff only)
- Complete an Account Request form. You will be prompted to sign in with your NDUS.Identifier and Password.
- Each instructor only needs to request an once, which can be used across multiple courses and semesters.
- You will be notified by email when your account has been created.
System Requirements and System Check
Zoom has a wide variety of training resources including video tutorials and live training sessions.
Getting Started Tutotorials
Meeting Host Tutorials
Schedule a Recurring Class Session or Meeting
- Note: Select "No Fixed Time" for the meeting Recurrence when creating a class link that will be used throughout the semester.
- Copy the Join URL and paste in your Blackboard course for students.
- Using Meeting Host Controls
- Getting Started with Breakout Rooms
- Creating a Local Recording
- Sharing Recordings in Microsoft OneDrive (recommended)
- Log in to Microsoft OneDrive
- Create a new folder and upload local recording files (video tutorial)
- Create a share link for recording or the recordings folder (video tutorial)
- Copy and past the share link into your Blackboard course
Register for a Live Training Webinar
- Zoom offers recurring live webinars lasting 60 minutes in length
- Register for Host Basics Live Training Webinar
- Register for Advanced Meeting Host Live Training Webinar
- During the Summer and Fall of 2017, instructors from various disciplines participated in a pilot of Zoom.
- Participants completed a survey at the end of the pilot and the results showed that faculty and students were pleased with the reliability and ease of use of Zoom.