- CILT Home
- About Us
- Teaching & Learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Consulting & Training
- Course Design
- -- Overview
- -- Online Course Design
- -- Backwards Course Design
- -- Request an ID Consultation
- How do I?
- -- Assess & Evaluate
- -- Communicate & Collaborate
- -- Organize
- -- Present
- -- Create Accessible Content
- Instructional Design Consulting
- -- Teaching with Technology Tips
- -- Educational Resources
- Open Education Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Tech Support
- Get Help
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Zoom is a cloud-based videoconferencing and collaboration platform. With Zoom you can create a classroom and invite students to join from their desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Guests can also share content from their devices such as PowerPoint presentations, and YouTube videos.
Zoom at UND is intended to be used for instructional classroom purposes only. Some possible applications for Zoom include:
- Instruction for remote students, virtual office hours
- Brining in guest speakers via videoconference
- Online Learning
- Participants must identify the course it will be used in, the purpose, and amount of use.
- Participants agree to complete surveys about Zoom
- Participants must complete a 30-minute training session. This session is conducted utilizing Zoom and does not require face-to-face training.
To use Zoom you will need an internet connection, a microphone, a camera, speakers and a supported device. System requirements