- Contact Information
- Overview of Services
- Mission Statement
- Meet our Staff
- Certifications & Affiliations
- Academic Advisory Committee
- What is Instructional Design
- Course Design
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Help Guides & Tutorials
- Teaching with Technology Tips
- Educational Resources
- Volume III, Issue III, April 2015
- Volume III, Issue II, December 2014
- Volume III, Issue I, August 2014
- Volume II, Issue III, March 2014
- Volume II, Issue II, December 2013
- Volume II, Issue I, September 2013
- Volume I, Issue III, May 2013
- Volume I, Issue II, April 2013
- Volume I, Issue I, March 2013
- How to Order
- Terms and Conditions
- Home Use Software
- License Renewal Time Periods
- Requests to Become a Software Coordinator
- UND Software Store
- Non-Standard Hardware and Software Purchase Form
The following basic requirements are recommended for UND courses.
- Active E-mail Account
- Admitted UND students are required to use their official UND student email
- Operating System
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Macintosh (10.5 or Higher)
Note: All software/systems may not be compatible with each operating system.
- Wireless and satellite connections should not be used when taking exams or quizzes on Blackboard.
- Wireless and satellite connections do not work with Live Web courses. If your class meets synchronously (live) using Adobe Connect, Wimba, or Blackboard Collaborate, please make arrangements to connect directly to the modem/router before participating in the live class. Wireless connections will not be supported and any exceptions must be approved by the instructor of the course.
- Minimum of DSL/Cable (512kbps) is recommended. To check your Internet connection speed, go here: http://speedtest.net
- For more information about UND Network Connections, please visit:
- Office 365 ProPlus is available for free to current UND students and faculty/staff. This includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- We currently recommend the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office (64-bit may be incompatible with some applications)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9 or newer
- Apple iTunes
- Apple QuickTime
- PDF Printer: doPDF Convert files into PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format)
- PowerPoint Viewer (If you do not have Microsoft PowerPoint.)
- Real Video Player or VLC
- Java - Follow these steps to check your current version of Java and remove any previous versions.
- Go to www.java.com and click on "Free Java Download."
- Download the updated version of Java if needed. Once the new Java version is installed locate and uninstall any previous versions of Java. Click here for directions to uninstall previous versions of Java.
- Additional information on Java can be found here:
- Additional software is accessible to use free of charge through Citrix
Blackboard Supported Web Browsers and Operating Systems
Additional Tech Requirements for Online and Distance Education Courses
Live Web courses may have these additional requirements, please check with your instructor.
- USB/Firewire Web Camera
- USB Stereo Headset/Microphone (Volume control recommended; WebCam Mic NOT recommended.)
Program Specific Requirements
Some degree programs require additional or different technologies. If you are unsure, please contact your instructor or the program coordinator.
Instructional Design & Technology (IDT)
- Video Card (512MB of VRAM Radeon, Nvidia, or equivalent).
- Mac must have an Intel processor.
Distance Engineering Degree Program (DEDP)
- Scanner: used for scanning homework assignments
If your course syllabus references a technology level, such as A, B, C, or D, please refer to your instructor or program coordinator for more information on the additional tech requirements for your course/program.