- Contact Information
- Overview of Services
- Mission Statement
- Meet our Staff
- Certifications & Affiliations
- Academic Advisory Committee
- myUND Blackboard Login
- Blackboard Course Requests
- Blackboard Add User Form
- Blackboard Remove User Form
- Policies & Procedures
- Survey Results
- Blackboard Timeline
- Technical Requirements
- Volumne III, Issue I, August 2014
- Volume II, Issue III, March 2014
- Volume II, Issue II, December 2013
- Volume II, Issue I, September 2013
- Volume I, Issue III, May 2013
- Volume I, Issue II, April 2013
- Volume I, Issue I, March 2013
- How to Order
- Terms and Conditions
- Home Use Software
- License Renewal Time Periods
- Requests to Become a Software Coordinator
- UND Software Store
- Forums, Seminars & Events
- Teaching with Technology Seminar
- Teaching with Technology Tips
- Additional Training Opportunities
UND Tech Support
8 am-10pm Monday-Thursday
8 am-4:30 pm Friday
9 am-4pm Saturday
Send Help Request
- Current Production Version: 9.1 April 2014 Release – August 2014
- 9.1 SP14 (Upgraded from 9.1 SP 12) – December 2013
- 9.1 SP12 (upgraded from 9.1 SP9) - August 2013
- 9.1 SP9 (upgraded from 9.1 SP6) - December 2012
- 9.1 SP6 (upgraded from 9.1 SP5) - December 2011
- 9.1 SP5 (upgraded from 9.1 SP3) - May, 2011
- 9.1 SP3 (upgraded from version 8.0) – May, 2010
- 8.0 (upgraded from 7.3) – May, 2009
Simply put, upgrades are part of every software program, and are intended to provide new functionality based on instructor and student feedback. Also of significant importance is that upgrades offer solutions to current issues and problems with the software. The question is not "should we upgrade", but more accurately, "when is our next upgrade".
The Blackboard environment is an enterprise system with high priority here at UND. There are many important factors and reasons that upgrading is important. Upgrades provide the opportunity to enhance, improve, address issues, and solve problems that currently exist with the key teaching and learning system we have on campus.
What is new Blackboard 9.1 April 2014 Release
What's new in Blackboard? Click to learn more about new features and functionality now available in Blackboard.
- 2013 - The upgrade to SP14 was completed in December 2013.
- 2013 - The upgrade to SP12 was completed in August 2013.
- 2012 - The upgrade to SP9 was completed in December 2012.
- 2011 - The upgrade to SP6 was completed in December 2011.
- 2010 - Blackboard Content System was added to the existing Learn and Community December 2010, providing virtual storage for all users and sharing of content between courses and users.
- 2010 - August 2010 UND updated Blackboard to integrate with the campus single username authentication system,2010 - SP3 was implemented in the Winter 2010.
- 2010 - May 2010 Blackboard 9.1 was installed which included significant design and feature changes.
- 2009 - UND moved to Blackboard 8 in the summer of 2009.
- 2007 - Blackboard 7.1 in August of 2007.
- 2004 - Moving forward, we upgraded to Blackboard 6.2 in the fall of 2004
- 2004 - As our usage grew over the 2001 to 2003 time period, we realized that we needed a mission critical enterprise installation. In January 2004, we installed the Blackboard 6 Learning System.
- 2001 - Upgrade to Blackboard 5 Level 1 in April 2001.
- 2000 – UND adopted Blackboard as the supported Course Management System for the campus.
- 1999 - UND first purchased Blackboard (CourseInfo) in 1999. It was tested by faculty during fall 1999 and spring 2000 as a pilot. CourseInfo was later renamed as Blackboard Learn.
Upgrades are important in order to take advantage of the many resolved issues and new feature sets described in more detail below.
Continuous quality improvement requires ongoing and frequent software upgrades, patches, hardware improvements, and overall monitoring of the system.
Scheduled routine system maintenance hours are: Tuesday 4:00-7:00 AM, Thursday 4:00-7:00 AM and Saturday 5:00-8:00 AM
Learning Objects scheduled system maintenance occurs every 3rd Sunday from 4:00-6:00 AM
There are three scheduled 2 day maintenance/upgrade times during the year: Winter Break, Spring Break, August prior to start of fall semester. The following dates/times were recommended October 10, 2011 by the CILT Academic Advisory Committee, including faculty representatives from all UND Colleges/schools, and approved by the Provost's Office. questions or concerns, contact Lori Swinney at 701-777-3569 or Lori.swinney@UND.edu
- 2015 - 1/3-- Noon - 1/5 -- Noon (Sat-Mon)
- 2015- 3/17 -- 8 am - 3/19 -- 8 am (Tues-Thurs)
- 2015 - 8/14 -- 8 am - 8/16 -- 8am Fri-Sun)