- Breadth of Knowledge
- Advanced Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Global Diversity
- United States Diversity
- Past ES Courses
- Past General Ed Courses
Every four years, each course within the Essential Studies (ES) program must be revalidated in order to ensure it remains appropriate as an ES course.
Review Breadth of Knowledge Category
Does the course continue to fit the criteria for the Breadth of Knowledge category that the department selected?
Review the ES Goal
Does the course help students intentionally study and learn the goal for which the course was validated?
- Review how the course contributes to the ES program
Department Chairs will receive notification from the ES Office the spring before their revalidations are due.
- Department fills out forms provided by the ES Office for courses up for revalidation. Click here for example.
- Revalidation submissions due October 1
- ESC conducts reviews during fall term
- ESC notifies department within 1-2 weeks of action
*Only Breadth of Knowledge ES courses are being revalidated the 2016-17 academic year.