About the UND Office of Extended Learning
The Office of Extended Learning promotes lifelong learning by extending the University of North Dakota's resources across the state of North Dakota and beyond. In fact, UND has a long history in providing educational opportunities to individuals living outside of Grand Forks by offering correspondence by mail courses since 1911.
Academic Courses & Programs
Extended Learning works with UND's colleges and departments to facilitate the delivery of academic programs in a distance format, such as:
- correspondence by mail
- Web- or videoconferencing
- off-campus sites in Bismarck, Fargo, or other locations
Each year, thousands of people take advantage of a wide variety of academic offerings, including:
Non-Credit Courses, Programs & Services
Extended Learning provides an array of non-academic courses for individuals seeking career or personal development, including:
- online courses for professional certification and licensure
- continuing education opportunities for K-12 educators, foodservice managers, and other professions
- personal enrichment courses designed for adults aged 50 and better
- conferences, seminars, and other professional development workshops
- summer camps, programs, and other educational events held on the UND campus
In addition, Extended Learning works with UND departments as well as businesses and organizations across the region to provide professional conference management and event planning services.
Top Online Military-Friendly School
UND ranked #3 in the nation among a review of more than 200 accredited military-friendly schools offering online education, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.
Top Online Nonprofit School
UND ranked #11 in the nation among a review of more than 200 accredited nonprofit schools offering online education, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools.
- Most Affordable Online Social Science Degree Program - socialsciencecareers.org
- Most Affordable Online Social Work Degrees - onlineu.org
- Top 10 Best Online Graduate Business Program for Veterans - U.S. News & World Report
- Top 10 Best Online Master of Social Work Programs - TheBestSchools.org
- Top 10 Best Online Counseling Degree Programs - Guide to Best Counseling Degrees
- Top 10 "Best Buy" for Online MBA Programs with AACSB Accreditation - GetEducated.com
- Top 10 "Best Buy" for Online Master of Public Administration Programs - GetEducated.com
- Top 20 Affordable Online Colleges - edudemic.com
- Top 25 "Smart Choice" for Online Early Childhood Education Degrees - SuperScholar
- Top 30 Online Colleges for 2014 - TheBestSchools.org
At Extended Learning (EL), we strive to:
- Expand UND's presence by supporting programs that utilize EL's innovative services.
- Enrich students' experiences through quality face-to-face, hybrid and online educational offerings accessible to all students.
- Facilitate collaboration by bringing together UND, the local community, the state, the country and the world community focusing on lifelong learning.
Provide quality education and innovative services to lifelong learners.
- Strive to achieve efficient and sustainable processes through quality assessment to support our diverse programs.
- Expect integrity, honesty, trust, and respect in all we do.
- Support a positive work environment which fosters professionalism, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Provide exceptional customer service through our commitment to hard work and ability to problem solve.
- Create innovative and collaborative ideas which will foster quality entrepreneurial programs.
- Demonstrate open communication and timely feedback in all our interactions.