DIT - Cultural Competency
- Online, enroll anytime
- Upon registering, you have 3 months to complete the course
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- $20 course fee
Course is approved by the following for 2.25 hours of Continuing Education:
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
- North Dakota Peace Officers Standards and Training (ND POST)
- Montana Peace Officers Standards and Training (MT POST)
- Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training (TN POST)
- Minnesota Department of Health, Mortuary Science Program
- North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON)
Course is approved by the following for 2.0 hours of Continuing Education:
- Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training (MN POST)
You’ll be prompted to select a certificate during the registration process. Only select the certificate that applies to you and your discipline. If your specific discipline is not listed, please choose “certificate of completion.”
- Recognize how cultural/religious concerns impact their work.
- Describe funeral customs of numerous cultures and religions.
- List strategies to work with the family and local community to ensure the deceased is treated with cultural and religious integrity.
- Describe adaptations of procedures as possible to maintain religious/cultural integrity