Certificate of Completion
- 5 ANFP CE Hours
- Up to 3 Months to Complete
- Independent Study
- Work at Your Own Pace
- $50.00 (no extensions or refunds available)
In this short 'Hot Topics' course, we will discuss the use of finger-foods as a main menu item, with the goal of enhancing and ensuring adequate intake of food in order to meet nutritional goals. You can apply these guidelines and tips to any age client, although you'll want to tailor them to each individual in order to provide a pleasing and optimal dining experience.
The topics covered include:
- Understanding the definition of finger-foods
- Identifying clients and times when finger-foods are an appropriate choice
- Educating foodservice workers on how to prepare finger-food options
- Modifying menu items to allow for nutritionally equivalent finger-food options
- Understanding the importance of listening to clients in order to provide appropriate finger-foods
This course is designed for those who are expected to write or modify menus for health care food service to incorporate finger-foods diets. It provides you with the practical information, ideas and examples that make the task of menu modification easier, and most importantly— successful. This information will help you serve your clients menu items that will fulfill their nutritional needs without adding additional expenses to your budget.