Certificate of Completion
- 5 ANFP CE Hours
- Up to 3 Months to Complete
- Independent Study
- Work at Your Own Pace
- $50.00 (no extensions or refunds available)
Many Americans are affected by foods from grains containing gluten. This course will help Certified Dietary Managers and other interested individuals with implementation of gluten-free diets in a healthcare setting. The topics you'll cover include:
- Overview of medical conditions requiring a gluten-free diet
- Menu adjustments to serve gluten-free diets
- Training of employees to provide safe food products and service
- Awareness of foods that are eliminated, as well as foods that are encouraged
To provide the best possible gluten-free menus and service, you must consider many factors; your clientele, training your staff, menu items and your budget.
This course is designed for those who are expected to write or modify menus for health care food service to incorporate gluten-free diets. It provides practical information, ideas and examples that make the task of menu modification easier, and most importantly—more successful. This information will help you to ensure your clients that your gluten-free menus meet the rigorous standards expected for serving clients with gluten-free menu requirements.