Exams and Assignments
In the LabVIEW course you will be required to complete several assignments and a final exam. A score of 70% is required on the assignments AND the final exam to successfully complete the course.
A score of 70% is required on the assignments to successfully complete the course. If you have questions about any of the assignments, please contact the instructor.
A score of 70% is required on the Final Exam to successfully complete the course. The final exam is a proctored exam. You will be required to use an appropriate proctor who will oversee the final exam.
Review Proctor Policy
Review the Proctor Policy to learn who can be a proctor. If you need assistance finding a qualified proctor, please contact us, or if you are taking an online exam, try our live, online proctoring service (available 24/7 for a fee).
Review Proctor Policy
Proctors are individuals approved by UND's Office of Extended Learning to supervise examinations. Proctors have the responsibility of facilitating fairness and integrity during testing situations.
Exam information will be noted on the course syllabus. You need to designate an approved proctor to administer exams at a location near you.
Students must first receive permission from an individual before designating him or her as their proctor. Please note that students are responsible to pay for any fees that proctors may charge for their services.
Students must complete a Request for Exam Form at least 3 - 5 business days prior to an online exam.
Please read UND's Proctor Policy prior
to designating a proctor and requesting an exam!
Approved proctors in North Dakota:
Students living near Fargo or Grand Forks, ND, can test with the following approved proctors and must schedule proctoring services at least 7 days prior to the exam date:
- UND Online & Distance Education (Grand Forks, ND)
- Fargo / Moorhead / West Fargo
Approved proctors OUTSIDE of these areas can be:
- Proctor U (available for online exams - for a fee)
- School or Public Librarians
- Educational Administrators (principal/superintendent/healthcare educator)
- Local College Testing Center Staff
- Adult Learning Centers
- Guidance Counselors
- Commanding Officers
- Military Education Officers or Embassy Education Officers
- Human Resources Officer
Proctors may NOT be:
- Real Estate Agents or Brokers
- Direct Supervisors
- Direct Reports / Employees
- Colleagues at Same Level
- Personal Tutors
- Proctors must administer the exam within 2 weeks at their school or place of business; never at the proctor or student’s home.
- Proctors must verify the identity of the student (with a photo ID such as a driver’s license) and read all of the exam instructions to the student before he or she begins the exam.
- For online exams, proctors will receive a password for the exam. Do not give the student the password for online exams. Students are not allowed to open any browsers or computer files during an online exam. Do not print the exams unless specifically stated in the exam instructions.
- Proctors must closely monitor the student until he or she is finished with the exam and make sure the student does not leave the room, except for an emergency.
- Students cannot take the exam with books, notes, or reference aids of any kind unless specified in the exam instructions. Students cannot take notes on the exam or attempt by any other means (e.g., by using a cell phone camera or other electronic device) to copy any part of the exam. The student or the proctor cannot print or duplicate the exam in any way.
- For exams that are required to be taken on paper, proctors must collect all papers and questions at the conclusion of the exam. All materials, including exam questions, signed proctor statement, and any scratch paper must be submitted as one file.
- If the requested proctor is unable to proctor the exam, contact UND's Office of Extended Learning. Proctors should not transfer the exam to another person or to the student.
- If the student is suspected of cheating, please contact us as soon as possible at 701.777.0488.
Designate Your Proctor and Request Your ExamReceive permission from the individual you wish to designate as your proctor. Make sure you agree upon a date, time and location (must be at the proctor's work address) for you to take your exam.
For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.
Enter your proctor and exam information into the Request for Exam Form.
Upon receipt of your Request for Exam Form, UND's Office of Extended Learning will verify and approve/disapprove your designated proctor. UND reserves the right to accept or reject any proctor recommendation.
Upon approval, your proctor will be sent your exam information. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for the processing of exam requests. You will be notified by email when the exam information has been sent to your proctor.
Final Exam Retakes
The exam score must be 70% or better in order to successfully complete this course. If you do not pass the exam with a 70% or better score, you may decide to re-take the Final Exam. The cost for a re-take is $25.00. Each student is allowed Two final exam re-takes in the course. Please complete the exam re-take form to request a re-take of your Final Exam.