Course at a Glance
The Real Estate Contracts course will help you understand the contracts agents use on a daily basis in a real estate transaction. The course is designed to provide the fundamentals of common real estate contracts and the situations in which you will use these contracts. The course uses practical real-world examples that apply to your everyday interactions with clients. It also covers contracts used in numerous situations, as well as how you can utilize this information in everyday interactions with clients. This course familiarizes you with the documentation used in real estate purchases, sales and financing. It examines topics relevant to real estate contracts, including entities for ownership of real estate, exchanges and purchase agreements.
- Define the terms and concepts associated with a real estate contract
- Define the importance of a listing agreement and how it is used
- Define the importance of the exclusive right to represent buyer contract and how it is used
- Explain why and when the showing contract is used
- Highlight the necessary elements in order for a contract to be valid and executed
- Explain the importance of an earnest money agreement
- Explain the addendums that may be used in conjunction with this agreement
- Gain an understanding of performance of a contract and breach of a contract
Required Textbooks & Materials
No textbook required - all materials are included and accessed within the course.
You have 3 months to complete:
- 6 hours of coursework
- Lesson quizzes
- Lesson readings
- External web readings
- Learning activities
- Reflection question
- Final exam and evaluation
Upon successful completion, you will be granted a certificate of completion:
- If you are a licensed real estate agent, this certificate can be used as proof that you completed 6 hours of real estate continuing education.
- If you are a North Dakota real estate pre-licensure student, this certificate is proof that you completed 6 hours of pre-licensing education.