Course at a Glance
This is a survey course—it covers a number of business topics, but not in great depth. Topics include:
- economic environment
- global business
- other business subjects
As part of the course, you will write a business plan for an idea you have for a made-up business. A business plan describes how a new business would be organized; what are anticipated sales and costs; and what the potential is for a profit. The process you will go through is what a new business owner would use to decide if a business idea is feasible.
- While watching or reading a news item about business, be able to interpret how the event affects business in general and what the event might mean for you personally.
- While making a purchase, watching or reading a promotional piece, or making an employment choice, recognize why businesses take certain actions and how they relate to your decisions.
- When reading or thinking about business, understand the challenges of starting a new business or maintaining an existing business.
- Hearing a news story about business 20 years from now, recognize business terms and strategies mentioned and generate your own ideas of how that event might affect you as a consumer, citizen, employee or business owner.
- Use the tools you learn by doing the business plan to evaluate a business idea or understand what is involved in starting a new business venture.
Required Textbooks & Materials
This course uses MyBizLab published by Pearson for the:
- E-Book: Business Essentials, 10th edition, by Ebert/Griffin
- BizSkills Simulations
- Self Check Quizzes
- Student Study Plan
To purchase the course materials, you may:
- Go to the UND Bookstore and purchase a MyBizLab with an E-Book Student Access Code Card. The ISBN number is 9780133771558.
- Purchase MyBizLab with E-Book Student Access directly through the publisher, Pearson.
- Go to http://pearsonmylabandmastering.com/ and go to "For Students > Get Started."
- Use a credit card to purchase access to MyBizLab by selecting the Ebert/Griffin, Business Esssentials, 10e textbook and follow the online instructions. You will be prompted to register directly into the correct MyBizLab course. The MyBizLab Course ID for your UND course is COS BADM101 Online.
Once you purchase the access code, you will log into http://www.mybizlab.com to access your course materials.
Lessons & Exams
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 10 Lessons
- 0 Exams
Assignments will include quizzes, a journal article review, an interview with a small-business owner, and a completed business plan. The business plan template that is included with MyBizLab will be used to create the business plan.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams, is subject to change without notice.
• $289.42 per Credit
• Independent Study
• 3 to 9 Months to Complete