Register in 3 Steps
Verify Course Information
- course prerequisites: must be completed PRIOR to submitting your registration
- with your academic advisor to verify if the course will apply to your degree program
- online course delivery
- technical requirements for taking an online course
- required textbooks (see "Course at a Glance") and order them at the same time you enroll (see "FAQs" for ordering information)
Decide When to Enroll
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, but the credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind that UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
For registrations received between:
- 11-11-16 and 4-7-17 = 2017 Spring Semester
- 4-8-17 and 7-14-17 = 2017 Summer Semester
- 7-15-17 and 11-9-17 = 2017 Fall Semester
You can expect to receive your course materials within 3 to 5 days after your registration is fully processed.
*Exception: If you are a UND student on academic probation and only taking open enrollment, independent study courses, you are required to successfully complete at least 1 independent study course in the same semester you registered.
Complete the Online Registration Process
If you have not been previously admitted to UND, you will be assessed a 1-time, non-refundable admission fee of $35 (U.S. funds). You may take up to 15 credits as a non-degree-seeking student. After 15 credits, you must apply for full admission to the University of North Dakota. If you are interested in full admission, please visit UND Office of Admissions for undergraduate admission requirements and application forms.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to show proof of English proficiency in order to enroll in any UND course. Learn more