- Course Listing & Registration
- Qualifying Courses to Renew Title I Credentials
- Middle School Endorsement
- Technical Support
Leave this field empty
Receive Email Updates
UND Credit Approval
Are you hosting a conference, learning event, study group, course or putting together a series of professional learning events for teachers, principals or school counselors?
Get your staff development approved for graduate professional development (PD) credit through the University of North Dakota. Educators completing the credit requirements may use their PD credit for general teaching license renewal and district salary-lane changes.
When approved for PD credit, UND will provide participating educators a secure online credit registration site. The credit recording fee is $50 per credit, payable to UND via credit card or check.
Professional Development Events Options
1) Targeted Professional Learning:
Concentrated training or sustained collaborative learning events focus on a topic or theme and consist of a minimum 15 instructional hours. These events may be face-to-face, online or blended (combination of face-to-face and online). Events include:
- Seminars or institutes
- Study groups or book studies
- Professional learning communities (collaborative teams)
2) Cumulative Credit or "Cafeteria" Plans:
Planned district or consortium programs allow educators to select a variety of short-term training opportunities/learning events and accumulate or "bank" their hours toward credit over a school year.
Credit Approval Criteria
- One professional development credit is awarded for every 15 hours of instructional time.
- Meals, breaks, exhibits and other non-instructional activities are not counted toward credit.
- Instructor(s) must hold a master's degree or higher.
- For multi-speaker activities, 75% of the total instructional time must be provided by presenters with master's degrees or higher.
- Please complete the required UND Credit Approval Request. Select the professional development (PD) event you're requesting credit. Include all required documentation as specified on the online form. There is no cost to apply for credit approval.
- Submit the UND Credit Approval Request. Supporting documentation is preferred 20 business days prior to the start of your event. If your activity is less than 1 month away, please contact UND Professional Development for Educators for consideration.
- You'll receive notification of credit approval or disapproval within 2 weeks of submission if all supporting documentation is submitted. Omissions will cause delays in the approval process.
- If approved for professional development credit, UND will provide a secure online registration form where participants can register and pay. The fee is $50 per credit, payable to the University of North Dakota via credit card or check.