Thank you for putting the time and effort into recognizing the excellent work of your colleagues.
The Outstanding Faculty Awards process asks chairs to
1) confirm if a nominee meets the eligibility requirement for the individual awards (full-time faculty at the rank of Instructor or above, or part-time faculty with at least five years experience teaching at UND.) We will send you an email asking for this confirmation if someone in your department is nominated.
Once the nomination process closes and we establish eligibility, the chair is informed about nominations in their department.
2) If you have a nomination in your department for the awards bulleted below (everything except the individual Graduate and Undergraduate teaching awards) you or your departmental designee submit the supporting file which is due in early January. We will send you an email on that processes that includes the deadline for the file to be submitted.
- Faculty Development or Service
- Departmental Excellence in Teaching
- Departmental Excellence in Sevice
3) If you have a nomination in your department for the Undergraduate or Graduate Teaching award, you or your designees will submit a statement (maximum of two pages) addressing the merits of the candidate. No additional supporting material will be considered at this juncture. The statement should provide convincing evidence that the nominee should go forward. The rubric used by the Outstanding Faculty Awards Committee (OFAC) to evaluate letters can be found HERE . Material gathered to evaluate teaching (teaching evaluations, peer evaluations, letters, etc.) can be referenced in the memo, but NOT included (if included they will not be forwarded to the committee).
The selection committee will review all the two-page letters submitted by chairs and select a list of ten semi-finalists for the Undergraduate and Graduate Teaching Awards.
3) If you are informed that one of your nominees for the Undergraduate or Graduate Teaching Awards made the semi-finalist list, you will receive an email inviting a supporting file which is due in early January. We will send you an email on that processes that includes the deadline for the file to be submitted.
The committee makes award decisions in January and awards are given at Founder's Day.
SUPPORTING FILE SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS
Once the nomination deadline passes, Chairs will be invited to submit supporting files through Blackboard.
Submitting Supporting Files Through Blackboard:
STEP 1: Enroll in the Outstanding Faculty Awards Blackboard site. Click HERE for instructions.
STEP 2: Submit the supporting file as one PDF. Click HERE for instructions (note: this same link can also be accessed directly from the Outstanding Faculty Awards Blackboard Site).