- Alice Clark Mentoring
- Alice Clark Scholars Forum
- Faculty Study Seminars
- On Teaching Seminars
- Faculty Writing Groups
The Outstanding Faculty Awards are given annually at UND's Founders Day Banquet to honor individual faculty and departments for their outstanding teaching, research, advising and service. Research awards are coordinated by the Office of Research Development and Compliance. The Student Success Center coordinates the advising award. The remaining awards are selected by the Outstanding Faculty Awards Committee (OFAC). The committee consists of 13 members appointed by the VPAA Office and overseen by the Director of the Office of Instructional Development. Committee members will be appointed by the Provost’s Office in the spring prior to their service on the committee the following fall. Appointments are for 1 year.
The Committee will be appointed to include the following:
- The previous year's individual award winners (5 members);
- with the balance of faculty selected from nominations solicited from academic deans of colleges that are not yet represented (3 members); and
- students to provide further balance by College/School, at least one of which is a graduate or professional student (4 members). Student nominations will also be sought from the deans; and
- an Alumni Foundation representative (1 member).
If an award winner from the prior year is unable to serve, their “slot” on the committee will be used to provide further balance from nominations from the deans.