Resources for Faculty Members
Faculty-Directed Program Forms
- Faculty-Directed Education Abroad Manual
- Faculty-Directed Budget Worksheet
- Study Abroad Emergency Management
- Study Abroad Incident Report Form
- Faculty-Directed Education Program Application Form - please email Emily Dougherty to be setup with the online application form.
All faculty traveling outside the U.S. must comply with UND's Office of Safety risk management, insurance and workers compensation policies.
Travel Warning Requests for Exemptions
Directors of Faculty-Directed Programs should submit the following information to the Director of the International Center:
- Details about the geographic environment of the program and its relationship to security issues.
- Information about the travel advisories or warnings of other countries about the country under the U.S. Department of State's Travel Warning.
- The detailed preparation the students will receive during orientation to prepare them for security-related issues (with detailed examples).
- Describe in detail the local support structure on site.
- The academic relevance of the program to the students' degree programs and/or the importance of the presence of the students to the program itself (e.g. the impact of their contributions locally).
- Confirm that, should the Office of International Programs permit the program to operate, the program organizer is willing to have participants sign a special waiver stating that they have received and read the most recent Travel Warnings and are voluntarily participating nonetheless.
The Education Abroad Department offers classroom presentations. Presentations can be 5-10 minutes or 30-40 minutes long depending on how much extra time you have and what materials you would like covered. If enough time is given, we can cater the presentation to your classroom and students, and can have study abroad alumni come talk about their experience. Please contact us to set up a classroom presentation!