International Centre and Lotus Meditation Center Reservation
UND permits the orderly use of its facilities by the University community, related parties, and other individuals or groups in their presentation of events which further the mission of the University, provide opportunities for social growth and cultural understanding, and serve the recreational needs of the campus community. To help ensure your activity/event is properly vetted and approved by the appropriate campus officials, use this checklist to assist in the reservation and approval process.
Responsible Party (those requesting use of the International Centre)
- For the International Centre contact the Office of International Programs (701-777-4231) to request use of the International Centre and determine if the Centre is available. The International Centre can accommodate a maximum of 96 people. Reservations for groups larger than 96 cannot be made.
- For the Lotus Meditation Center contact Lora Sloan (email or 218-779-3513) to request use of the Lotus Meditation Center and determine if the Center is available.
- If directed to do so, complete and submit the Activity/Event Approval form to the Office of Safety at least two weeks in advance of event. Office of Safety (701-777-3341) may be able to provide assistance and answer questions when completing the form.
Office of Safety and Activity/Event Review Board
- Review Activity/Event Application
- Identify need for liability waivers
- Notify responsible party and host facility of activity/event approval or denial
- For both the International Centre and the Lotus Meditation Center, upon receiving application approval from Office of Safety, complete a Facility Use Agreement at the International Centre. The form will be completed by the International Centre staff prior to the responsible party signing. (This is to be done as necessary. Not all activities/events will require a Facility Use Agreement.)
- For the International Centre, complete and return to the Office of International Programs the International Centre Reservation Form
- Post activity/event on UND calendar (if necessary)
- Make separate arrangements (as needed) for:
- Parking – contact UND Parking: 701-777-3551
- Catering – contact Dining Services Catering Coordinator: 701-777-2256
- Liability Insurance – contact UND Risk Management: 701-777-3341
- Security – contact University Police Department: 701-777-3491
- Permits (as necessary)
- Complete Liability Waiver form(s) (if necessary) and return to the International Centre
- Utilize rented space as specified in Facility Use Agreement and International Centre Reservation Form