- Letters and Forms
- Social Security
- Health Insurance & Services
- Maintaining Status
- Program Extensions
- Travel Status
- Transferring Schools
International Student Orientation is mandatory for all new students in F-1 and J-1 student status. This includes transfer students.
Orientation will help you to:
- Become familiar with UND and the Grand Forks Community.
- Learn about important academic issues.
- Access necessary campus resources.
- Learn about immigration regulations.
- Learn about health insurance.
- Learn about employment in the U.S.
- Meet other new and returning UND students.
- Experience new cultures.
- Get acquainted with the Office of International Programs and our staff.
There are several orientations offered at the beginning of each semester. In addition to the ones listed below, individual departments will sometimes hold orientation meetings.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- To confirm your Enrollment, you must pay a $200 non-refundable deposit that's applied to your UND bill by the deadline. Note you must of claimed your account before you can pay your deposit. You must pay the full deposit before you can sign up for Orientation, register for classes, and receive your housing assignment. So make sure you pay your deposit as soon as possible! Visit The Admitted Students page for more information. For step-by-step instructions on how to pay your deposit on Campus Connection refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit.
Register for Orientation
- To register for Orientation you must first pay your deposit of $200. This deposit will be credited towards your tuition & fees. When registering online you MUST select the Wednesday, August 17th Orientation Date . Follow this link to make reservations https://secure1.vzorientation.com/und/ssoldapsignin.aspx
International Student Orientation
Mandatory for all students holding F or J student visas. This orientation will address immigration and employment issues and introduce you to U.S. culture and university life. Fall 2016 International Student Orientation is scheduled Monday, August 15th-Saturday, August 20th. You must be present for the whole week. Plan to arrive to UND by Sunday, August 14th at the latest.
Graduate School Orientations
The School of Graduate Studies holds orientations for all new graduate students and a special orientation for new Graduate Assistants. The schedule for this orientation is available from the School of Graduate Studies.
New Student Undergraduate Orientation
This program offers new undergraduate students a chance to get information about classes, faculty and campus, and meet other new students. It's designed to help both incoming freshmen and transfer students make a successful transition to University life.
Fall Welcome Weekend
Welcome Weekend is for all new students in the fall. You're expected to participate in this final step of your orientation before the semester begins. You can move into your residence hall, meet your neighbors, enjoy excellent programming (for families and students) and participate in the fun social activities that will settle you into your new campus home. Admitted students will get more information late in the summer.
Complete the Mandatory Immunizations and TB Screening Form BRING THESE FORMS WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION!!.