- Academic Policy and Procedures Manual
- CampusConnection Access Request Information
- CampusConnection Navigation and Tips
- Course Information
- Registrar Review
- University Senate
- Appointment Times
- Cancellation / Withdrawal
- Collaborative Registration
- Final Examination Schedules
- Schedule of Courses
- Summer Session
- Wait List
- Academic Requirement Report
- Access to Student Records
- Changing a Major
- Credit Hour Policy
- Dean's List and President's Honor Roll
- Duplicate Diploma
- GPA Calculator
- Student Consumer Information
- Students' Right to Know
- Undergraduate Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal Policy
- Undergraduate Student Classification
- Graduation Rates
Information for Students Returning from Active Military Service
The following information and services are for students previously enrolled at the University of North Dakota who were called to active duty. First, we would like to welcome you back and thank you for your efforts! We want to assist you in your transition back to UND.
How do I get started?
Students who are not enrolled for classes at the University for at least one complete semester are required to submit an application for readmission to the Office of the Registrar. Applications for readmission are available on the UND Office of the Registrar web site or upon request. The readmit form and application may be dropped off, faxed, mailed, or emailed.
- If you have attended another college or university since you were last at UND you will need to have an official transcript from that college sent to us. To assist you in your transition, we are giving you additional time to get your transcripts submitted. A hold will be placed on your record for the term after your readmission term, and it will be removed as soon as your transcript is received.
- Students who were previously suspended from the University must be reinstated by the dean of the school or college to which they wish to be admitted before applying for readmission. Students who were previously dismissed from the University must petition for reinstatement to the students Academic Standards Committee. Submit the petition to the Office of the Registrar, Twamley 201.
What is Priority Registration?
If you are returning from active duty, you will be given a priority registration time; this will allow you to register for classes at the earliest time possible. Registration times for other students are arranged by the number of semester credits completed and recorded at UND, and these times begin after priority registration. Please contact Carol Anson to get added to priority list for registration or Ashley Johnson at the Registrar's Office.
What if I missed Priority Registration?
If your Readmission Application is received after the early registration period, you will be able to register anytime after your readmission application is processed. For those returning service members who missed priority registration and are having trouble getting into classes, see the department contact list below. These advisers are here to work with you in setting up your schedule and getting you into courses that may be full.
Who can help me set up my class schedule?
|College of Arts and Sciences|
|Thomas Rand||Associate Deanemail@example.com|
|College of Business and Public Administration|
|Linda Duckstad||Academic Advisementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Judy Jahnke||Academic Advisementemail@example.com|
|College of Education and Human Development|
|Eric Tweton||Dir, Advising & Admission, Teacher Certfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Engineering and Mines|
|Michael Mann||Chair, Mechanical Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Hesham El-Rewini||Dean, School of Engineering and Minesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Nursing|
|Marlys Escobar||Director of Student & Alumni Affairsemail@example.com|
|Val Krogstad||Admissions & Recordsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Online and Distance Education:|
|Heidi Flaten||Coordinator Distance Degree Programsemail@example.com|
|John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences|
|Amy Sand||Academic Advisor, Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Medicine and Health Sciences|
|Nicholas Neumann||Interim Associate Dean, Student Affairs & Admissionemail@example.com|
Student Success Center
|Angie Carpenter||Interim SSC Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
What else do I need to do?
If you haven't done so already students who are returning from active military duty should also contact Carol Anson, VA Certifying Official . She will assist you with your GI Bill benefits.
Carol Anson, VA Certifying Official
211 Twamley Hall
PO Box 7115
Grand Forks, ND 58202-7115
Phone: 1-800-CALL-UND or (701) 777-3364
Fax: Attn: Carol (701) 777-2040