- Academic Policy and Procedures Manual
- CampusConnection Access Request Information
- CampusConnection Navigation and Tips
- Course Information
- Registrar Review
- University Senate
- Appointment Times
- Cancellation / Withdrawal
- Collaborative Registration
- Final Examination Schedules
- Schedule of Courses
- Summer Session
- Wait List
- Academic Requirement Report
- Access to Student Records
- Changing a Major
- Credit Hour Policy
- Dean's List and President's Honor Roll
- GPA Calculator
- Student Consumer Information
- Students' Right to Know
- Undergraduate Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal Policy
- Undergraduate Student Classification
- Graduation Rates
Verifications of Enrollment
Students needing verification or confirmation of their enrollment for health insurance coverage, military identification cards, housing rental assistance, etc. may print out an Enrollment Verification Certificate using CampusConnection. This certificate is to be used in lieu of having the Registrar’s Office fill out the verification form. Official verification of enrollment can be completed by the University beginning the first day of the term. There is no cost for verifications.
If the student elects to send a verification form to the Registrar’s Office, the forms will be forwarded to the National Student Clearinghouse for processing.
Verifications for Loan Deferments and Forbearances
Students needing verification of their enrollment for deferments or forbearances can send their forms to the Registrar’s Office. They will be forwarded to the National Student Clearinghouse for processing. Tracking of Loan Deferments can be viewed via CampusConnection by clicking on Self Service > Academic Records > Enrollment Verification > Select School > Click 'Self-Service Enrollment Verification' > Click 'Student Loan Deferment Notifications'.
Verifications for Good Student Discounts
Students should print out an unofficial copy of their transcript from CampusConnection in lieu of filling out the “Good Student Discount” form. This transcript should be submitted along with the form to the insurance company. A letter explaining this procedure to the insurance company can be obtained from the Registrar’s Office.
Verifications for Foreign Students
Foreign students will need to have the Registrar’s Office fill out all verification forms. These students do not have a Social Security number, and therefore will not be in the Clearinghouse information.
Verifications for Extended Semester Classes
The Registrar’s Office can only verify enrollment for the term in which the class(es) are registered. This would include those classes that would extend beyond the term, such as correspondence, co-ops, and field experiences or while completing a class that received an incomplete. To see the term date you are registered for, please see the Academic Calendar on the website of the Office of the Registrar
How To Request a Verification
To print out a verification:
- Log into Campus Connection
- Go to Self Service > Academic Records > Enrollment Verification > Select School > Click 'Self-Service Enrollment Verification' > Click 'Obtain an Enrollment Certificate' > Print the Enrollment Verification
To send a form to the Registrar’s Office, you may:
University of North Dakota
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 8382
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8382
- Fax: 701-777-2696
- In person:
Office of the Registrar
Twamley Hall, Room 203
Information needed to request a Verification from the Registrar’s Office:
All requests for verification should include the following information. For your convenience, it is suggested that you complete our Verification Request form to insure that all required information is provided. The Verification Request form can be found on our Forms to Print page.
- Provide us with the form from your requesting agency
- Printed name and any former names
- Student ID number
- Your daytime telephone number / e-mail address
- Your signature
- Specific information needed to verify enrollment, for example, enrollment dates, full-time/part-time status, date of graduation, etc.
- Name and full address where verification(s) are to be mailed
National Student Clearinghouse-NSC
The University of North Dakota participates in the National Student Clearinghouse. Five times a semester (first of term, after the add/drop period, at mid-term, and after finals), the University of North Dakota submits a report of students’ enrollment status to the Clearinghouse, which, in turn, supplies verification of enrollment to lending agencies. All deferment loan forms are forwarded to the Clearinghouse. The University of North Dakota does not supply this information directly to lending agencies. The National Student Clearinghouse can be accessed at www.nslc.org.
How to contact the Clearinghouse
Phone: 703-742-7791 (ask to speak to a Student Service Representative)
Business hours are Monday-Friday, 9 am-7 pm, EST