- Academic Policy and Procedures Manual
- CampusConnection Access Request Information
- CampusConnection Navigation and Tips
- Course Information
- Registrar Review
- University Senate
- Appointment Times
- Cancellation / Withdrawal
- Collaborative Registration
- Final Examination Schedules
- Part Term Course Listings
- Schedule of Courses
- Wait List
- Academic Requirement Report
- Access to Student Records
- Changing a Major
- Credit Hour Policy
- Dean's List and President's Honor Roll
- Duplicate Diploma
- GPA Calculator
- Standard Class Start Times
- Student Consumer Information
- Students' Right to Know
- Undergraduate Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal Policy
- Undergraduate Student Classification
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Electronic Waitlists
Q: What criteria must a student meet for electronic waitlist?
A: Students must meet the following criteria to be accepted onto the electronic waitlist. If you do not meet the criteria, you will not be able to use the waitlist option.
- Must have the required prerequisites/co-requisites.
- Must not have a time conflict with another class.
- Must not have a Hold that prevents enrollment (es. student account services hold, sanction hold or advisor hold).**Note** RRR holds do NOT prevent enrollment
Q: How do I add myself to an electronic waitlist?
- Log into CampusConnection
- Click 'Student Center' in the Main Menu
- Click 'Enroll' link under the Academics section header
- Select Term (semester) for which you need to add, if prompted
- Click 'Continue' button
- Enter in the Class Nbr (4 or 5 digit number associated with the individual section of the course)
- Click 'Enter' button
- If a course has reached the enrollment capacity, and the department utilized the Waitlist option, a 'Waitlist if class is full' check box will appear on the Enrollment Preferences screen
- Click 'Next' button
- Course has been added to your shopping cart. You are NOT done.
- Review the course(s) in your shopping cart
- Click 'Proceed to Step 2 of 3' button
- Review courses again
- Click 'Finish Enrolling' button
- Read messages
- Green check = Success: Class XXXX is full. You have been placed on the wait list in position number X.
- Red X = Error: Unable to Add Class
- Read message for reason you were not enrolled in the course
- You will be automatically notified when added to a course via the waitlist
- If you no longer wish to be enrolled in a course, you are responsible from dropping it according to posted deadlines
- To remove yourself from a waitlist, drop the class following the instructions under 'Dropping a Course' section of the Student Navigation and Tips for Campus Connection
Q: Can I waitlist for different section of a class if I am currently enrolled in a section?
A: Although Campus Connection will allow you to waitlist for a different section of a course in which you are already enrolled, the system will NOT process this request. You will be by-passed on the waitlist if you are currently enrolled in a section of the course.
Q: How many credits may I waitlist?
A: Undergraduate students can enroll and waitlist up to a combined total of 25 credits. Graduate students can enroll and waitlist up to a combined total of 15 credits. Once the student reaches the maximum allowable waitlist units, they will receive an error message that states “Maximum Term Unit Load Exceeded. Transaction not processed”. This means that an undergrad student can enroll and waitlist up to a combined total of 25 credits, but can only clear a waitlist to enroll up to 21 credits.
(Example: A student is enrolled in 18 credits. The student may waitlist 7 more credits, but will only clear a waitlist to be enrolled in 21 credits. Once you are enrolled in 21 credits, you will be bypassed on the remainder of the waitlists.)
Q: Can I waitlist for multiple sections of a course?
A: Yes, as long as you are not currently enrolled in a section of the course, you may waitlist for multiple sections of the course. Once you clear the waitlist for one section, you will be dropped off the waitlist for the other sections
Q: May I waitlist for a class that has a time conflict with another class in which I am enrolled?
A: Although Campus Connection will allow you to waitlist for a class even if it conflicts with a class in which you are enrolled, the system will NOT process this request. You will be by-passed on the waitlist due to the time conflict.
Q: Will I be notified if I clear a waitlist?
A: Yes, the student will receive an email to their UND email account once they have been moved from the waitlist to the class roster.
Q: What if an electronic waitlist is not offered for a course?
A: Some departments choose to use manual waitlists instead of the electronic waitlist. If an electronic waitlist option is not offered, then you must check with the academic department to find out if they offer a manual waitlist for that course.
Q: I am a senior. Will I have a higher priority on a waitlist than a junior?
A: NO, the waitlists are first come, first serve. There are no parameters for the waitlist.
Q: There is an open seat in the section, but Campus Connection says the course is “closed”. Why is the section “closed”?
A: If a seat opens up in a full course that has students on a waitlist, the section will remain closed until the next waitlist process is run. The computer program to clear waitlists will be run every weekday evening.
If all students on the waitlist are by-passed because they no longer meet the enrollment requirements (i.e. student added a course that now conflicts with the waitlisted course), the class will change to OPEN status, allowing non-waitlisted students to enroll in the open slots.
Q: When will the waitlist option be turned off in Campus Connection?
A: The waitlist program will run for the final time on the last day to add a full term course for that semester. After this time, the waitlists will be purged. Departments who are using the waitlist option will be sent a list of students who were left on the waitlist. Students will need to contact the department regarding a manual waitlist after this time.
Q: Are waitlists available for part term sessions?
A: At this time, part term sessions will NOT be available for the electronic waitlist. Students will need to contact the academic departments regarding waitlists for part term courses.