OnlineAtomic Learning Lynda.com Blackboard On Demand Learning Center - For Students Blackboard On Demand Learning Center - For Instructors
On CampusAccounting Services Career Services Chester Fritz Library CILT Workshops Conflict Resolution Center Human Resources Office of Instructional Development Office of Professional Services Student Success Center U2 (University Within the University) Wellness Center
The University of North Dakota has 20 licenses’ to Lynda.com. The Lynda.com Online Training Library features more than 21,000 professionally produced Windows- and Macintosh-compatible QuickTime video tutorials. Topics include design principles and software related to print, Web, video, graphics, digital photography, DVD creation, interactivity, operating systems, 3D, and much more. The Online Training Library provides tutorials on products from vendors including Adobe, Alias, Apple, Corel, Autodesk, Macromedia and Microsoft.
Access to Lynda.com Online Training is available by request.
- You may make one reservation at a time, up to 14 days in length
- You may make a subsequent reservation on the final day of your current reservation, provided that an account is still available.
- Turn around time for getting accounts created is 24-48 hours depending on account availability.
- You MUST request your account using a UND email account (i.e., @und.edu or @my.und.edu). Once your request is processed you will need to login to your UND email to activate the
Temporary Account Request Form (Account Limit of 14 Days)
Leave this field empty
To enjoy videos at lynda.com, you will need a minimum screen resolution of 1024X768 and the following software installed on your computer:
* Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 3.0 or above, or Safari 2.0 or above. (Users of 64-bit Internet Explorer 7, please try a different browser)
* Apple QuickTime 7.5 or above. (Mac Safari users please download QuickTime 7.5.5 or newer to avoid problems with captioning)
* Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Macintosh OS X or Linux.
* Windows Media Player version 10 or higher.
In addition, you will need an Internet connection with sufficient bandwidth. Most of our videos will download best with a downstream bandwidth of at least 100Kbps or higher. For some of our larger videos (10mb+) such as our Creative Inspiration titles, we recommend a downstream bandwidth of at least 1,000Kbps or higher for smoothest playback.
You can test your downstream bandwidth at www.speedtest.net. Once there, click on the yellow pyramid on the map (if none of the pyramids are yellow, select one that is closest to your geographic location). This will initiate a speed test. Once complete, your downstream bandwidth is displayed in the "Download" box near the top of your screen.
Tip: If you wait until the entire movie downloads, which is indicated when the play bar at the bottom of the movie turns dark, you can watch it without hiccups or interruptions. Be sure to view some free demo movies to check to see if you're happy with the speed and performance before you subscribe.