Teaching Transformation & Development Academy
The Teaching Transformation & Development Academy (TTaDA) is an innovative collaboration of dedicated staff and faculty with a mission to provide our campus community quality professional development, online and lifelong learning, teaching with technology, and quality in teaching.
Faculty & Staff Development
- Formerly the Office of Instructional Development (OID) and Learning and Development (L&D)
Instructional Design & Digital Learning
- Formerly the Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies (CILT)
- Assessment & Regional Accreditation
- Office of Extended Learning
Evolution of TTaDA
In the spring of 2016, Provost Thomas DiLorenzo promoted an initiative to develop a unit focused on excellence and innovation in teaching across our campus. Based on this collaborative effort and the introduction of our University’s Strategic Plan, TTaDA was formed.
TTaDA has a shared vision supporting evidence-based pedagogical practices, learning design, emerging technologies, lifelong learning, digital tools, and data-driven assessment, evaluation and learning analytics — all designed to promote student learning, success and retention.
TTaDA will offer numerous services for faculty, staff, and students based on demand and in alignment with the UND Strategic Plan goals such as:
- Professional development opportunities in the form of workshops, webinars, seminars, and forums for staff, faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate teaching assistants
- Individual and unit level consultations for teaching innovations (high impact practices, active learning, etc.), integrating digital technologies into courses, strengths-based leadership training and coaching, program level assessment, etc.
- Faculty and staff learning communities and collaborations
- Undergraduate & Graduate Teaching Assistant mentoring, training, and support
- Digital learning support to enhance on-line education
- Online teaching certificate and course rubric requirements for teaching online
- Integration of Open Education Resources into teaching & learning
- Learning space design and training, integrating active learning teaching methods
- Mentoring programs for faculty and staff