Award Notice Information
All financial aid award notifications (initial or revised) are sent to your University e-mail account (U-Mail). This e-mail notification will contain information on how to process your financial aid awards electronically through CampusConnection. You can also access your financial aid awards anytime by logging directly into CampusConnection.
Through CampusConnection, you can accept, modify or decline the financial aid awards offered to you. You must respond to your Award Notice with 30 days of the date of your e-mail notification or your awards may be cancelled.
Prior to accepting any financial aid awards, please read the financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress and Withdrawal policies under General Policies and be fully aware of your rights and responsibilities in regard to this financial aid offer.
To access your financial aid awards in CampusConnection
To View a summary of your financial aid awards in Campus Connection, go to Student Center > View Financial Aid.
- Click on Aid Year 2013 to process awards for the 2012-13 Academic Year or 2013 Summer Session
To accept/decline your financial aid awards, in Campus Connection, go to Student Center > Accept/Decline Awards.
- Click on Aid Year 2013 to process awards for the 2012-13 Academic Year or 2013 Summer Session.
To process your award notice
- Review the specific awards offered to you and accept, decline or reduce the awards as appropriate for your situation. Please be aware that we reserve the right to make adjustments to your award at any time, based on additional information which may become available regarding your eligibility for assistance. Federal assistance is subject to current standards of Student Eligibility, Satisfactory Progress, Verification, and the availability of funds.
- Clicking the yellow Decline All button will decline ALL awards, including grants and scholarships!
- You cannot decline a Federal Work-Study award if you have earnings for that period.
- You cannot change the amount offered for grant programs.
- If you wish to accept an award, first, click on the hyperlink for each award to review the amounts offered for each semester.
- Click on the check box under Accept or click on the yellow Accept All button to accept all awards offered.
- If you wish to reduce the amount offered for an award, after the Accept checkbox is selected, the accepted amount for an award will become an updateable field. Here you can reduce the award to an amount you are willing to accept.
- Awards for the academic year will be reduced equally for each semester (fall, spring).
- If you have questions regarding your award or need to make changes to an award that will affect one term only, click on the Contact FA Office link to send a message to the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Click on the Contact FA Office link to provide information on financial assistance (scholarship, assistantship, state grant, etc.) you will receive which was not listed in your award offer. Please make sure you include the name of the award and the amount you will receive each semester.
- To process your Award Notice, click on the SUBMIT button. Your submission indicates that you have accepted the awards you've indicated, or those awards you've specifically declined or reduced by making those selections to individual awards.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling. In order to receive a federal student loan, the Federal Government requires all students to complete entrance loan counseling. If you are a first time loan borrower, complete your loan counseling online.
- Complete an MPN. You must sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you are borrowing a loan for the first time.
- If you are borrowing a Federal Direct Loan or PLUS loan, the MPN must be completed online at the Direct Loans Master Promissory Note website. To complete an MPN online, you will be required to use your Department of Education-issued PIN. If you do not have a PIN, you may request one from the official PIN site.
- If you are borrowing a Federal Perkins or Nursing Loan, click here to access the MPN. The completed form must be returned to the UND Student Account Services Office.
- Additional Financing Options. If you need additional funding, you may want to consider a private education loan, a PLUS loan or a GradPLUS loan. More information.