- In-State Tuition Eligibility
- UND Tuition Rates
- Veteran & Military Educational Benefits & Services
- Yellow Ribbon Program Eligibility
- Other Federal Aid
- Degrees & Certificates
- Admissions Information
- Request More Information
- Apply Now
- Contact The Graduate School
- Online College Courses
- Independent Study Courses, Enroll Anytime
- Request More Information
UND Military Highlights
Graduate Student Profiles
You've sacrificed a great deal to serve and protect our country. In return, the University of North Dakota would like to provide you with the education and support you deserve.
Honored as a "Military Friendly School" by Military Advanced Education and G.I. Jobs magazines, UND is one of the top 15% of all colleges, universities and trade schools supporting the military community.
UND is also one of the "Top Military-Friendly Online Schools," according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools - a leading education portal. UND's online programs were ranked #3 in the nation on the Guide's list after an evaluation of more than 200 accredited online schools.
UND's online MBA program was ranked #9 by U.S. News & World Report in its 2014 Best Online Programs for Veterans.
All full-time active duty military, veterans, ND National Guard members, members of armed forces reserve component stations in ND and their dependents receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status. UND-contracted ROTC cadets also receive in-state tuition rates.
Take advantage of UND's military-friendly services and the hundreds of quality programs designed to prepare you for the world of tomorrow.
Steps to Admission:
- Review your VA Educational Program benefits available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
- Contact Carol Anson at UND Veteran & Military Services to get details specific to your situation.
- Apply for admission to UND.
- Confirm admission to UND and advise the UND Veteran & Military Services office of your enrollment status.
- Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form.
- Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
- Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the UND Veteran & Military Services office.
- Register for your enrollment in UND Campus Connection and notify the UND Veteran & Military Services each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.