- Chapters / VA Education Benefits
- Deployed Military FAQ
- Military Tuition Rates
- Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Financial Aid Office
- One-Stop Student Services
- Student Account Services
- Veterans Educational Training
Why Choose UND?
The University of North Dakota works hard to create a super military-friendly environment. UND’s efforts to cater to military students is partly based on the fact they have unique needs compared to traditional students, but it’s also partly a way to thank these men and women for their service.
Nationally Recognized Programs
- More than 225 academic programs, including 100 graduate and 40 online programs.
- "Top 200 Best National Universities" - U.S. News & World Report.
- "Top 3 Military-Friendly Online School" - Guide to Online Schools.
- Fully accredited by Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools.
- Ranked as Military Friendly by GI Jobs and Military Advanced Education.
- More than 94% of professors hold the highest degrees in their fields.
- Ranked first among UND's national peer group for quality of online instruction in a national survey of online learners.
Online or On Campus
In-State Tuition & Financial Aid
As an active duty military service member, veteran, ND National Guard member, or spouse, you will be assessed the North Dakota in-state tuition rate for all on-campus or online courses regardless of your actual residency status. In addition, if you are a dependent of an active duty military or ND National Guard member, you will receive the in-state tuition rates.
In addition, you may be eligible for other tuition assistance programs including:
- Yellow Ribbon Program (Chapter 33 or Post 9/11 GI Bill) in which UND provides up to $12,000 per student each academic year.
- Education Benefits available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Tuition Assistance for active members of the Armed Forces and National Guard Reserve Tuition Assistance for members of the Selective Reserve.
- Military Spouse and Family Educational Assistance for spouses and dependents of service members and veterans.
- Federal Financial Aid and scholarship programs (qualifications will vary).
Contact your military education or veterans' administration office to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
Advising, tutoring, technical support, career placement, and more
Receive exceptional support services at UND including advising, tutoring, technical support, career placement, and more:
- Award-winning Veteran & Military Advisor and Veterans Certifying Official on staff
- Veteran & Military Services and Education Benefits
- Veterans Educational Training – Call 701.777.6465 for free assistance in preparing for college.
- Student Success Center
- Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services
- On-campus ROTC programs
Grand Forks, ND
- Member of the Service member's Opportunity College (SOC) Consortium.
- Approved to offer independent study courses through the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) program since 1974.
- Partnered with the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) for online bachelor's degrees in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Accepts academic credit for military training and experience for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the American Council on Education (ACE).