- Billing Information
- Drop/Withdrawal Policy
- Payment Options
- Tax Information
- Flight Accounts
- Financial Obligation Agreement
- Refund Deadlines
Minnesota Residency Information
Residents of Minnesota and their dependents may attend a North Dakota state institution of higher learning and pay a special tuition rate that is lower than the normal non-resident rate. Minnesota reciprocity tuition rates are not available to UND Medical and Law students.
Apply for Minnesota Reciprocity
To be certified for Minnesota reciprocity at UND, Minnesota students must complete the following:
- File UND’s standard admissions application.
- File a reciprocity participation application with Minnesota:
- Go to the reciprocity website at www.ohe.state.mn.us.
- Click "Online Applications."
- Click "Tuition Reciprocity."
- This will bring you to an informational page. About halfway down the page, you will see the semester dates that are available to apply for reciprocity. It is critical that you choose the correct semester; please review your options carefully.
- After choosing your semester option, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click “Yes/No,” and you will be directed to the site for the simple reciprocity test.
- Take the test and print off a copy of the “Congratulations” letter for your records.
- Call Student Account Services at 701.777.3911 to let us know that you have applied.
- A student who has graduated from a Minnesota high school within the 12 month period prior to first term of enrollment will not be required to complete a reciprocity participation application.
- A student who was enrolled, received reciprocity, and earned credits during any term of the academic year will automatically have benefits renewed for the following academic year at the same institution.
- Any student who is enrolling and has taken a break in semesters or is a transfer student, must complete a new reciprocity participation application.
- Students who previously participated in the reciprocity program and have had a break in enrollment at UND of one year or more, must re-apply for reciprocity.
Tuition Rate Adjustments
Until reciprocity is granted, students are required to pay non-resident tuition. The Minnesota reciprocity tuition rate is granted only for the current term and concurrent future terms as approved on http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/.
If you apply for Minnesota reciprocity during any term, and your approval also states that you are approved for the previous term(s), UND will not go back and change those previous term tuition rates. Adjustments in tuition rates will only be made for the current term; no previous terms will be adjusted unless special circumstances exist that warrant an exception to policy. All previous term tuition rate changes must be approved by UND administration.
To be considered for a past semester tuition rate adjustment, a Campus Connection Charge Appeal form must be completed. The form can be accessed using your Campus Connection ID and password at https://apps.und.edu/forms/student-account-services/minnesota-reciprocity-approval-notification.cfm. Student Account Services recommends that you verify your tuition rate at the beginning of each term so that any corrections can be made promptly.
*Any exceptions will be approached on a case-by-case basis.
Check Your Rate
It is your responsibility to ensure that you were billed the correct tuition rate each term. Please check your Campus Connection account at the beginning of each term to verify that you were billed the correct tuition rate. This will allow Student Account Services to promptly make any corrections.
- Log in to Campus Connection.
- Go to "Student Center."
- Click "Finances."
- Click "Student Account Detail."
- Click "Tuition/Fees."
- Click "Account Details."
Reciprocity Approval Notification
Please Note: This form does not award MN Reciprocity.
The form is the official way to notify UND Student Account Services that you have been awarded the MN Reciprocity Rate by the state of Minnesota at www.ohe.state.mn.us.
You must complete the application at www.ohe.state.mn.us before completing this form.
Student Account Services recommends that each student verifies his/her tuition rate at the beginning of each term so that any corrections can be made promptly.