UND Honors Program
With UND's Honors Program, you'll be part of a stimulating learning community that emphasizes leadership, intellectual exploration and unique student opportunities.
Best of Both Worlds
As an Honors student, you'll get the best of both worlds: the benefits of a small liberal arts college within a large research university.
- Individual attention: Work closely with professors known for their ability to connect with students. They'll be your mentors and provide you with academic advice, guide your student organizations and serve alongside you in the community.
- Connecting with motivated students: Work together, learn together and play together. You'll have a built-in community of peers who have broad interests, like to think, learn and are motivated - just like you. You may even live together in the Honors Living & Learning Community,an option available to all Honors students.
- Flexibility: Honors program courses substitute for UND's Essential Studies (general education) requirements, allowing you to explore interests and design your own program of study.
- Research: Get the opportunity to collaborate with professors from across campus to conduct exciting, cutting-edge research.
- Leadership: Develop the skills to be a leader on campus and in the community, and graduate with the knowledge to make a difference in the world.
UND's Honors alumni have gone on to excellent graduate programs, medical schools, law schools, the Peace Corps, Americorps, and professional and public service leadership positions — and they credit the Honors experience for their achievements.
$4,000 Tuition Waiver
You may qualify for a tuition waiver worth up to $4,000 ($1,000 per year for a maximum of 4 years if you meet annual renewal criteria).
Once you're accepted to UND, submit your Honors Program application by the March 1 deadline for the fall semester to be considered for the tuition waiver. You do not need to complete a separate application.
See the Honors Tuition Waiver Program for details.