UND Honors Program
Ready to be challenged academically and excel beyond the classroom?
With the Honors Program at the University of North Dakota, you'll be part of an engaged learning community that emphasizes leadership, intellectual exploration, and unique student opportunities.
With a stimulating, supportive environment where you'll cultivate your potential, the UND Honors Program gives you the best of both worlds: the benefits of a small liberal arts college within a large research university.
- Individual attention: You'll work closely with professors known for their ability to connect with students. They'll provide you with academic advice, guide your student organizations, and serve alongside you in the community.
- Connecting with other high-achieving students: You'll work together, learn together, and play together. You may even opt to live together in the Honors Living & Learning Community—an option available to all Honors students.
- Flexibility: Honors program courses substitute for UND's Essential Studies (general education) requirements, which allows you to explore interests and design your own program of study.
- Research: As an Honors student, you may have the opportunity to collaborate with UND professors from across campus who are conducting exciting, cutting-edge research.
- Leadership: You'll develop the skills to be a leader on campus and in the community, and you'll graduate with the knowledge to make a difference in the world.
UND's Honors alumni have gone on to excellent graduate programs, medical schools, law schools, the Peace Corps, Americorps, and leadership positions—and they credit the Honors experience for their personal and professional development.
Visit the UND Honors Program for more information.
Note: If your Honors application is received by the deadline, it will be reviewed for a limited number of tuition waivers worth up to $1,000 per year for a maximum of 4 years (annual renewal criteria apply). See Honors Program FAQs for details.