Your UND education will be one of the best in the nation. Our renowned faculty will help you learn and prepare for your future...with more than 95% of them holding a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their fields.
Accreditation assures you of the quality of higher education institutions and programs in the United States.
The University of North Dakota as a whole is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. UND has been accredited since 1913, when the Association was first organized.
For information on special accreditations the University has at the college, department, or program level, please see UND Accreditation.
National Honors & Rankings
- One of U.S. News & World Report's 200 Best Colleges
- One of the 337 Best Colleges by Princeton Review
- Named one of the Greenest Schools in the nation by Princeton Review
- One of the Best National Universities by Washington Monthly
- One of America's Best Colleges by Forbes
- Named one of the Top 25 Universities by student rankings compiled by RateMyProfessors.com
- Named the 3rd Healthiest College in the nation by Greatist.com
- Ranked #1 in the Top 20 Fittest Colleges by MSN's fitbie.com
- Named a top Military Friendly School by GI Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines
- Ranked 4th in the nation for rural medicine
- One of the top 100 programs for nursing anesthesia, occupational therapy, physical therapy, primary care medicine, and social work
- One of the top accredited non-profit online schools by Guide to Online Schools
"Class sizes are perfect, not too big and not too small. I love that the professors actually know you by name and are willing to help you out. At UND you are more than a number; you are a student professors know. This allows you to build relationships and network." - Ashley Trdan, Senior