Your UND education will be one of the best in the nation. Our renowned faculty will help you learn and prepare for your future...with more than 94% holding a Ph.D. or the highest degrees in their fields.
National Honors & Rankings
- Top 100 Public Schools - U.S. News & World Report
- Top 200 National Universities - U.S. News & World Report
- 337 Best Colleges - Princeton Review
- Best National Universities - Washington Monthly
- America's Best Colleges - Forbes
- Top 70 "Best Bang for the Buck" Midwest Schools - Washington Monthly's The Other College Guide
- Top 25 Universities based on student rankings - RateMyProfessors.com
- One of the 322 Greenest Schools in the nation - Princeton Review
- Named the nation's 3rd Healthiest College
- Greatist.com (2012)
- Ranked #1 in the Top 20 Fittest Colleges - MSN's fitbie.com
- Top 16 College Rec Centers - College Raptor
- Military Friendly School since 2010 - GI Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines
- One of the Top 100 Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Producers for Minorities (American Indian students) in the nation - Diverse Issues in Higher Education magazine
- Ranked #1 in the nation for the percentage of the medical students going into family medicine - American Academy of Family Physicians
- Ranked #2 in the nation for rural medicine - U.S. News & World Report
- Top 100 Programs for nursing anesthesia, occupational therapy, physical therapy, primary care medicine and social work - U.S. News & World Report
Top 30 Best Online Colleges - TheBestSchools.org (2014)
Accreditation assures you of the quality of higher education institutions and programs in the United States.
The University of North Dakota as a whole is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools. UND has been accredited since 1913, when the Association was first organized.
For information on special accreditations the University has at the college, department, or program level, please see UND Accreditation.
Student Consumer Information
You also may check out UND's Student Consumer Information to help you find the information you need to become an informed consumer at the University of North Dakota, including general institutional information, financial aid, health and safety, student outcomes and more.