- Majors & Minors
- Academic Reputation
- UND Fast Facts
- Study Abroad
- Honors Program
- Advanced Coursework
- Online Degrees
- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- Canadian Students
- International Students
- Military & Veteran Students
- Online Students
- Check Your App Status
- VIP @ UND Account
Congratulations, future UND Fighting Hawk!
Now that you're accepted, it's time to get started for Spring 2018!
Take the Next Steps
Claim Your Account - Do This Step First!
To gain access to many of the systems you’ll need as a UND student, you must activate your student account within the ND University System (NDUS).
To claim your account:
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter or by clicking on the “What is Your Student ID?” link.
- Once you have your student ID number, click on the “Claim Your Account” link.
- Follow the steps as indicated.
Once you’ve claimed your account, you don’t have to go through the process again. Make sure that you keep your username and password in a safe and secure place. For security reasons, your password will expire every 90 days.
If you have questions, contact the NDUS Help Desk at
1.866.457.6387 or go to helpdesk.ndus.edu.
Log in to Your UND Email Account
Before you've registered for classes, please check the email you used on your admission application frequently for official communications from the University regarding financial aid, housing, confirming your enrollment, Orientation, course registration and more.
After you’ve claimed your account, please log in to your UND student email account.
Follow the directions for accessing your UND student email account:
- Review the login information under the Getting Started tab.
- Get directions to set up your UND email on your smartphone under the Mobile Devices tab.
If you have questions, contact UND Tech Support at 701.777.6305. When prompted, remain on the line to speak to a UND representative.
Log in to Campus Connection
Campus Connection is the system that you'll use to apply for housing, pay your enrollment confirmation deposit, accept or decline financial aid awards, register for classes, pay your bill and more (see additional steps below).
After you've claimed your NDUS account and have obtained your user ID and password, follow these steps to log in to Campus Connection:
- Go to Campus Connection.
- On the login page, enter your user ID (e.g., firstname.lastname and password.
- Click Sign In.
Take Care of Financial Aid
If you're a first-year freshman, go to fafsa.gov to complete the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible.
If you’re transferring and you’ve already completed the 2017-18 FAFSA at another school, you’ll need to:
- Cancel any unprocessed aid from your current school.
- Add UND’s school code to your 2017-18 FAFSA so it can be forwarded to UND for processing.
UND’s FAFSA school code is 003005. Funding is not guaranteed; please apply early.
If you have any questions, refer to the Applying for Aid website or contact UND One-Stop Student Services at 701.777.1234.
Scholarships & Waivers
You may be eligible for scholarships and tuition waivers that require separate application processes, including through our online database, Scholarship Central, which is home to more than 800 scholarship opportunities.
Note: You may accept non-UND scholarships without affecting your UND scholarships. (If you have a UND athletic scholarship, please contact the Athletic Department to determine if you can accept a non-UND scholarship.)
Apply for Housing
If you’re a freshman, you’re required to live on campus for your first, full academic year or receive an approved exemption. Visit Housing to learn more about the campus living requirement and to research all on-campus housing options.
After you’ve claimed your account, visit Housing to find instructions for completing the online residence hall application in Campus Connection, UND’s student account system.
A $60 non-refundable fee is due when you submit your application.
Apply early! Your priority for room assignment is based on the date you submit your application.
Visit Housing to learn about affordable and conveniently located UND apartments, University Place and residence hall options for transfer students.
Note: The apartment application is not online and is separate from the residence hall application process described above.
Confirm Your Enrollment
To confirm your enrollment for Spring 2018, you must pay a $200 non-refundable deposit by the December 1 priority deadline. The deposit is a down payment applied to tuition, fees or other charges on your UND bill.
You’ll need to pay the full deposit before you’ll be eligible to take the next steps toward being a UND student, including:
- Signing up for Orientation
- Registering for classes
- Receiving your housing room assignment
So it’s very important to confirm your enrollment as soon as possible!
- Required of all new freshmen and transfer students who plan to enroll in classes for Spring 2018.
- Priority deadline is December 1.
- The $200 deposit is a down payment applied to future charges you'll incur on your UND bill (tuition, fees, etc.). It's not an additional charge.
- Non-refundable, but may be applied to future terms if you're unable to enroll for Spring 2018. Call 1.800.CALL.UND for details.
- If you're unable to pay the full amount at one time, you may pay in installments through the December 1 deadline.
After you've claimed your account, you can make your online payment through Campus Connection via e-check from a U.S. bank (free service) or credit card (2.75% convenience fee). It make take up to 2 business days for the deposit to be processed.
- Refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit document for step-by-step instructions on paying your deposit in Campus Connection. You must claim your account before you can pay your deposit (see above).
- See Payment Options for alternative payment methods, including mailing a check (note Enrollment Confirmation Deposit in the memo) or FlyWire for international payments.
Note: If you're unable to pay the $200 deposit due to financial hardship, please contact the UND Office of Admissions at 1.800.CALL.UND or 701.777.3000.
Plan to Attend Orientation
New Student Orientation
Details about the New Student Orientation program are being planned. Watch your email and this website for updates!
Connect with UND and Future Classmates
Connect with UND
Connect with Future Classmates
Mark Your Calendar
The first day of class will be here before you know it! Make sure you note these important dates and deadlines in your calendar and watch for more information as the dates get closer!
Important Dates & Priority Deadlines
October 1, 2016
February 1, 2017
Housing Application Opens
July 1, 2017
Spring 2018 Course Registration Opens
November 1, 2017
December 1, 2017
Enrollment Confirmation Priority Deadline
December 1, 2017
January 8, 2018
January 8, 2018
Top 25 Most Innovative Schools
-U.S. News & World Report
Top 102 Public Schools
-U.S. News & World Report
Best 246 National Universities