Leave this field empty
Military & Veteran Students
UND is proud to serve those who serve our country!
Honored as a military friendly school, the University of North Dakota strives to provide you with the education and support you deserve.
In addition, all active duty military, veterans, ND National Guard members, and spouses receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status. Dependents of active duty military and ND National Guard members also receive the in-state tuition rate.
However, to ensure that any tuition assistance you're eligible to receive is processed properly, you should follow the admissions steps outlined below.
Steps to Admission:
- Review your VA Educational Program benefits available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
- Contact Carol Anson at UND Veteran & Military Services to get details specific to your situation.
- Apply for admission to UND.
- Confirm admission to UND and advise the UND Veteran & Military Services office of your enrollment status.
- Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form.
- Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
- Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the UND Veteran & Military Services office.
- Register for your enrollment in UND Campus Connection and notify the UND Veteran & Military Services each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
Please review the UND Military Friendly Site for more information.