- Majors & Minors
- Academic Reputation
- UND Fast Facts
- Study Abroad
- Honors Program
- Advanced Coursework
- Online Degrees
- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- Canadian Students
- International Students
- Military & Veteran Students
- Online Students
- Check Your App Status
- VIP @ UND Account
Military & Veteran Students
UND is proud to serve those who serve our country!
Honored as a military friendly school, the University of North Dakota strives to provide you with the education and support you deserve.
Honored as a "Military Friendly School" by Military Advanced Education and G.I. Jobs magazines, UND is one of the top 15% of all colleges, universities and trade schools supporting the military community.
In-State Tuition Rates
All full-time active duty military, veterans, ND National Guard members, members of armed forces reserve component stations in ND and their dependents receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status. UND-contracted ROTC cadets also receive in-state tuition rates.
To ensure that any tuition assistance you're eligible to receive is processed properly, you should follow the admissions steps outlined below.
Steps to Admission
- Determine which education benefits you are eligible for through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, then review the UND Education Benefits.
- Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
- Apply for admission to UND.
- Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form found under your chapter of UND Education Benefits.
- Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
- Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to UND Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services.
- Register for your enrollment in UND Campus Connection and notify UND Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
- Complete the Education Benefits Form each semester to let UND Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
Please review the UND Military Site for more information.