Leave this field empty
Military & Veteran Students
UND is proud to serve those who serve our country!
Honored as a military friendly school, the University of North Dakota strives to provide you with the education and support you deserve.
Honored as a "Military Friendly School" by Military Advanced Education and G.I. Jobs magazines, UND is one of the top 15% of all colleges, universities and trade schools supporting the military community.
In-State Tuition Rates
All full-time active duty military, veterans, ND National Guard members, members of armed forces reserve component stations in ND and their dependents receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status. UND-contracted ROTC cadets also receive in-state tuition rates.
To ensure that any tuition assistance you're eligible to receive is processed properly, you should follow the admissions steps outlined below.
Steps to Admission:
- Review your VA Educational Program benefits available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
- Contact Carol Anson at UND Veteran & Military Services to get details specific to your situation.
- Apply for admission to UND.
- Confirm admission to UND and advise the UND Veteran & Military Services office of your enrollment status.
- Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form.
- Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
- Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the UND Veteran & Military Services office.
- Register for your enrollment in UND Campus Connection and notify the UND Veteran & Military Services each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
Please review the UND Military Friendly Site for more information.