- Majors & Minors
- Academic Reputation
- UND Fast Facts
- Study Abroad
- Honors Program
- Advanced Coursework
- Online Degrees
- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- Canadian Students
- International Students
- Military & Veteran Students
- Online Students
- Check Your App Status
- VIP @ UND Account
Top 37 schools in the nation for the number of bachelor's degrees awarded to American Indian students
-Diverse Issues in Higher Education magazine
Top 200 schools in the nation for American Indian students pursuing STEM degrees
-American Indian Science & Engineering's Winds of Change magazine
Feast of Nations.
Time Out Wacipi (Powwow). Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration.
At UND, we don't just embrace diversity, we celebrate it. From city-wide events that unite the Greater Grand Forks community, to special multicultural orientation programs and graduation ceremonies, UND strives to honor and support its diverse student body.
As a UND student, you'll have a network of student mentors, professors and staff to help you from the first day of class to graduation day.
Need tutoring, writing assistance or some helpful time and stress management techniques? Interested in research opportunities?
American Indian Student Services (AISS), Multicultural Programs & Services (MPS), the International Center, TRIO Programs and a variety of campus services and organizations are committed to your success.
Your opportunities to grow as a student and as a leader are almost endless. Joining student organizations helps you to make new friends, strengthen your leadership skills and boost your résumé.
You can choose from 275+ student organizations and clubs, including those dedicated to celebrating and promoting diversity:
- African Student Union
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society
- Asian Cultural Association
- Association of Norwegian Students Abroad
- Bangladesh Student Association
- Black Law Students Association
- Black Student Association
- Chinese Students & Scholars Association
- French Club
- German Cooking Club
- Indian Studies Association
- International Human Rights Organization
- International Pilots Association
- International Student Organization
- Korean Culture Exchange Club
- MidWest Beat (Hip-Hop Club)
- National Gay Pilots Association
- Native Americans into Criminal Justice Association
- Native American Law Students Association
- Organization of Latino Americans
- Saudi Student Organization
- Society of Indian Psychologists
- Somali Student Organization
- Student Association of India
- Students of International Studies
- Ten Percent Society
- UND Indian Association
- And more!
Got an idea for a different organization? It's easy to start your own!
Study. Hang out with friends. Relax. You'll always find your "home away from home" at UND's student centers:
- American Indian Student Center
- International Center
- Multicultural Programs & Services
The Centers offer comfortable atmospheres with lounge areas, meeting rooms, computer labs and more. The Centers serve as the "hub" for a wide range of academic, social and cultural activities such as:
- Soup Fridays
- Breakfast Chats
- Diversity Town Halls
- Guest Speakers
- Cultural Nights
Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver
If you're a U.S. citizen, you may qualify for UND's Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver program if you are:
- African American / Black
- American Indian / Alaskan Native
- Asian American
- Hispanic American / Latino
- Pacific Islander / Native Hawaiian
- Multiracial / Multiethnic
- Economically Disadvantaged
Once you're admitted, you can apply online for the waiver between November 1 and February 1 (priority deadline) of the year you plan to start at UND.
Funding is limited, and waivers are given on a first-come, first-serve basis, so apply early!
UND American Indian Student Services Soup Lunch 2016 from University of North Dakota on Vimeo. UND's 55th Annual Feast of Nations Highlights (Feb. 10, 2017) from University of North Dakota on Vimeo. UND Time-Out Week Opening Ceremony and Time-Out Wacipi Opening Night Highlights (2016) from University of North Dakota on Vimeo. UND Joins Area Colleges, Community to Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2016 from University of North Dakota on Vimeo.
If you're interested in meeting with one of the offices listed below during your visit, please call 1.800.CALL.UND or indicate your request on the campus visit online form.
You also may contact the departments directly for more information: