Housing & Dining Options
Get a jump on becoming part of UND by living on campus. You'll discover that living on campus helps you:
- Excel academically
- Meet new friends
- Make the most of your college experience
Please Note: Beginning Fall 2015, all first-year freshmen are required to live in a UND residence hall for their first, full academic year. Some exceptions may apply. See Housing for details.
Live better. Learn better.
Residence hall living is easy, affordable and offers many academic and social benefits.
- Academic success – Students who live in the halls have higher GPAs than off-campus students
- It's easy - No cooking, no cleaning and no finding a parking spot before class
- Close to resources – Tutoring in the halls, healthy meals, computer labs, Wellness Center and more
- Supportive staff - Residence hall staff support your transition to college and care about your personal success
- Affordable - UND's room and meal plans cost $3,000 less per year compared to the national average (CollegeBoard). Plus, UND students who live on campus have lower debt than those who live off campus.
The proof is in the numbers. Check out the top reasons to live on the UND campus.
Depending on your student status and preferences, you may choose from a variety of housing options:
- Freshmen - Choose from 12 residence halls open to first-year students. Beginning Fall 2015, all first-year freshman are required to live in a UND residence call for their first, full academic year. Some exceptions may apply. See Housing for details.
- Living & Learning Communities - Live in learning communities with other students majoring in Aviation, Engineering & Mines, Honors or with those interested in Wellness.
- Transfer & Upper-Division Students - Choose from 2 residence halls, University Place apartment-style housing and UND apartments.
Refer to UND Housing for more information.
Who needs to cook, when you've got dining options like this?
- All-you-care-to-eat dining centers - Dine on fire-roasted pizza, build-your-own omelets, international cuisine and the "chef's table" with gourmet menus.
- Old Main Marketplace Food Court - Enjoy everything from pizza to made-to-order sandwiches to A&W root beer.
- Campus coffee shops - Get your caffeine fix with Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee.
- Convenience stores - Grab your snack and go.
With convenient locations across campus, you can meet a friend for coffee, grab a snack at a To-Go café or experience late night dining.
If you live in one of the residence halls, you're required to have a meal plan. All first-year freshmen are required to live in a residence hall they're first year at UND.
If you live in one of the UND apartments, University Place or off campus, you may purchase a meal plan to eat on campus.
Refer to Meal Plans for details.