UND financial wellness services
Financial Wellness Services at the University of North Dakota started in February 2013 and is on the forefront of the financial education movement in higher education. Our mission is to empower students to make healthy financial decisions in their daily lives. It is our goal to provide services that encourage responsible spending and borrowing through proper planning and education about financial topics.
By using our services, your student will be able to reduce stress related to finances, and better prepare him/herself for life after graduation. According to our research, the top areas of interest to students includes:
- Budgeting Balance long term goals against short term needs
- Credit Services Use a credit card, build credit, and pay off debt
- Student Loans Design a strategy to pay off student loans quickly
- Savings Open a savings account and save to achieve goals
To address these areas of interest, UND Financial Wellness Services reaches students through a myriad of methods including:
- social media
- an interactive website
- classroom sessions
- outreach events
The heart of our program, however, is the peer-to-peer education program. Our peer educators come from various fields of study, and are extensively trained to provide assistance to UND students. In meeting one-on-one with peer educators, your student can:
- create an individualized spending plan
- explore the world of credit
- ask questions about student loans
- learn about the new student discount program partnership with local businesses
UND Financial Wellness Services welcomes your student to UND, and is here to help make his/her life a little more stress free!
For more information, visit UND.edu/financial-wellness.