Health and Wellness - more than a WORKOUT
You've probably heard the old expression regarding the "freshman 15."
Well, you can forget about that popular misconception at UND!
The University of North Dakota is ranked as the 3rd healthiest and one of the fittest schools in the nation. In fact, MSN's Fitbie.com gave UND an A+ for helping students to:
- eat right
- maintain a healthy weight
- squash stress
- achieve their fitness goals
As a busy college student, we know that you don't have time to scrutinize the nutrition facts of every food item that you consume, so you'll find UND's easy-to-use Guiding Stars nutrition rating program to help you make choices that your Mom would approve.
7 Dimensions of Wellness
Plus, UND's focus on the 7 Dimensions of Wellness will help you feel fantastic from head to toe:
- Wellness Center – a $20 million state-of-the-art fitness facility where you can work out, climb a rock wall, take cooking lessons, play intramural sports, and participate in exercise classes.
- Health & Wellness Hub – stop by for answers to any health and wellness questions you may have, check your blood pressure, or pick-up free cold care and other health kits.
- Student Health Services – a full service medical clinic where you can receive acute, chronic, and preventative care at little to no expense.
- University Counseling Center – professional psychologists and counselors are dedicated to helping you reach your full potential through individual and group counseling, therapy, and referral assistance.
Want to take your fitness routine off campus? The Greater Grand Forks Greenway, situated along the banks of the Red River, is also a great place to go.
The Greenway offers 20 miles of trails for you to roll down, several golf/disc golf courses for you to walk down, and nice shady areas where you can simply sit down.