Housing and Dining - LIVE easy. TREAT yourself.
Living on campus allows you to:
- excel academically
- meet new friends
- make the most of your college experience
While you may make your own housing arrangements, you'll find that residence hall living is easy, affordable, and offers many academic and social benefits.
- Academic success – students who live in the halls have higher GPAs than off-campus students
- It's easy - no cooking, no cleaning, and no finding a parking spot before class
- Close to resources – tutoring in the halls, healthy meals, computer labs, Wellness Center
- Supportive staff - our residence hall staff support your transition to college and care about your personal success
Depending on your student status and preferences, you may choose from a variety of housing options:
- First Year Students - Choose from 12 residence halls open to freshmen.
- Living and Learning Communities - Live in learning communities with other students majoring in Aviation, Engineering, Honors, or with those interested in Wellness.
- Transfer & Upper-Division Students - Choose from 2 residence halls, University Place apartment-style housing, and UND apartments.
Refer to Housing Rates & Contracts for more information.
Who needs to cook, when you've got dining options like this?
- all-you-care-to-eat dining centers - dine on fire-roasted pizza, build-your-own omelets, international cuisine, and the "chef's table" with gourmet menus
- Old Main Marketplace Food Court - enjoy everything from Sbarro pizza to made-to-order sandwiches to A&W root beer
- campus coffee shops - get your caffeine fix with Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee
- convenience stores - grab your snack and go
With convenient locations across campus, you can meet a friend for coffee, grab a snack at a To-Go café, or experience late night dining.
If you live in one of the residence halls, you are required to have a meal plan.
If you live in one of the UND apartments, University Place, or off campus, you may purchase a meal plan for the ease of eating on campus and the delicious options offered.
Refer to Meal Plans for details.
"I had a great experience in the residence halls. I met a ton of friends my freshman year, and going into my senior year, they are still some of my best friends. It really started there with my love for UND." - Chelsie Bickel, Senior