Reservations for 2014 Summer Orientation Begin February 18
Summer Orientation is a 1-day program (2 days for Aviation students) that begins students' orientation to UND and the transition from high school to college. Summer Orientation 2014 will take place on selected dates between June 5 – July 17. Session dates are selected based on students' academic majors.
At Summer Orientation, new freshmen will have the opportunity to:
- Register for classes after discussing academic goals one-on-one with an academic advisor.
- Visit with Student Financial Aid, Housing, and other student service departments.
- Learn about the expectations of a university environment.
- Connect with new UND students who have similar academic interests.
- Meet with faculty from students' majors to learn more about degree program requirements.
- Get answers to questions.
Research suggests that students who participate in orientation programs are more likely to be successful and to persist to graduation. Attending Summer Orientation is the first step to a successful college experience!
A non-refundable fee will be charged to help cover programming, material and food costs:
- New UND Student = $80
- Parent / Guest = $25 (Limit of 2 guests, if possible.)
Reservations Open February 18
The online reservation system for Summer Orientation will open at 9 a.m. CDT on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students should watch their mail or visit UND.edu/orientation for more information. If you have questions, contact Kristi Okerlund, New Student & Parent Programs Coordinator, at 701.777.6468 or kristi.okerlund@UND.edu.