EEO/AA Mission & Services ADA Information Annual Security Report Diversity at UND FERPA Forms Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Harassment Training Info Hiring & Recruiting Info Job Openings/Employment Policies & General Info Religious Interfaith Calendar
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Office (EEO/AA) Mission and Services
It is the mission and purpose of the Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Office to assist the University community:
- To value the difference among all individuals in the University community regardless of their status and participation.
- To respect the needs of all individuals to be treated fairly and equitably in their activities and pursuits at the University.
- To provide each individual or group the opportunity to be heard and to assist them in addressing their concerns through appropriate channels.
- To assist the University community to enhance diversity and its responsibility toward all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic. information, sex, age, creed, marital status, veteran's status, political belief or affiliation, or physical, mental, or medical disability and that equal opportunity and access to facilities shall be available to all.
- To provide a positive climate through leadership, education, training, and interaction in which all people can be creative, find opportunities, and reach their full potential.
- To provide a coordinated process through which disability access and accommodation are considered including adaptive technology for employees and employing units.
- To respond to complaints of discrimination or harassment.
- To develop data bases and reporting documentation as required under applicable compliance regulations.
Complaints and Concerns
Works with faculty, administrators, staff, and other students to resolve concerns and offer options and institutional process to any individual or group believing they have experienced harassment.
Completes federal and state reports and develops and updates UND's Affirmative Action Plan. Guidance is provided to assist hiring officials in setting goals and objectives to assure a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Consultation and Guidance
Provides consultation, guidance and support to the UND community regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination.
Hiring and Recruiting
Provides guidance to hiring officials regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action obligations and to ensure that the interview and selection processes are free from discrimination. AAO monitors all faculty and administrative position searches.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Coordinates UND's compliance with the employment and accessibility provisions of the ADA. UND is committed to providing access to all people using UND facilities, programs, and services.
Reviews UND policies to ensure they provide equal access and are nondiscriminatory. Enforces university policies, along with federal and state laws and regulations.
ADA Adaptive Technology
Assists in obtaining and providing disability accommodations and services to UND Faculty and Staff.
Training and Education
Provides training and education to increase awareness of the benefits of diversity and to improve campus understanding of laws regarding discrimination and equal opportunity.