EEO/AA Mission & Services ADA Information Annual Security Report Diversity at UND FERPA Forms Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Harassment Training Info Hiring & Recruiting Info Job Openings/Employment Policies & General Info Religious Interfaith Calendar
Postdoctoral fellows are special appointments. The Principal Investigator is responsible for the hiring process of postdocs on their grants and contracts. Note: you must hire via a competitive process; persons can not be named in a grant. All equal opportunity procedures apply to these positions.
The paperwork to appoint postdoctoral fellows will be processed and routed as outlined in the Request to Recruit and Request to Appoint Procedures. Minimal recruiting time is 14 calendar days unless an exemption is granted by the Equal Employement Opportunity/Affirmative Action Office (EEO/AA). The documentation to accompany the Request to Recruit shall provide:
- Position Description
- Description of the essential job functions
- Recruitment sources to be used such as appropriate professional publications, listservs, contacts with doctoral programs, and any other sources that would provide qualified applicants.
- Copy of advertisement will be reviewed by the EEO/AA Office for language and content. Ads need to include the following statements:
- Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race, and/or ethnicity, veteran's status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
- The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employement Opportunity Employer. The University of North Dakota encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- The University of North Dakota complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act. Information about UND campus security and crime statistics can be found at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf.
Human Resources Office will also post the position on UND's Human Resources website - who then, will post the position on JobsHQ at no charge to you. Note: For positions that may result in a foreign national being hired, the EEO/AA Office strongly recommends posting the recruitment information on North Dakota Job Service's website. Posting with Job Service assists with the alien employment certification process and with the University's obligations under the U.S. Military Veteran's Federal Contractor Job Listing Program.
NOTE: Please ensure that all applicants are supplied with the link to complete the Voluntary Self Identification Form online. http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm
When a candidate has been selected, the following information must accompany the Request to Appoint
- Recruiting sources
- List of all individuals who applied
- Names of all candidates that were interviewed; either by telephone or in person
- The evaluation forms or rating sheets used to evaluate each of the applicants against the criteria
- Reasons for selection and non-selection for all applicants. Note: Each person must be evaluated according to the position description requirements.
These appointments are normally for one year and a new contract may be extended and offered based on adequate documented performance. The postdoc may not transfer to other UND employment without being hired through the usual competitive recruitment/selection process.
When hiring foreign nationals, please refer to the procedures on the International Programs webpage: Employment Eligibility for International Scholars.