"Yuyanapaq: To Remember, Living Through Violence" Photography and Textile Exhibition
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9 AM - 5 PM
Kids & Families, Community Event, Museum / Gallery Exhibit
Contact: Rebecca Grandstrand 701.777.4195
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Yuyanapaq: To Remember
Living Through Violence
Exhibition on Display February 12 - March 21
Opening Reception Sunday, February 12, 2-4pm
This Peruvian textile family comes from Ayachuco, the birthplace of the Shining Path, a Maoist guerrilla organization. During the most dangerous period, Saturnino gathered his family of textile workers and they taught themselves to make the pre-Columbian textiles of Paracas, the place where the textile arts reached heights unattained anywhere or during any time period. The textiles are accompanied by photographs that present a compelling look at political violence in Peru between 1980 and 2000.
For more information, contact the Museum at 701-777-4195 or visit our website at www.ndmoa.com. This exhibition is sponsored in part by GuestHouse International Inn of Grand Forks.
The Museum is located on UND's Campus at 261 Centennial Drive (by Twamley Hall). Parking is available at the parking meters to the north of the Museum.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- TIAA-CREF Counseling Sessions (All Day)
- ROTC Training (5:15 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- Get Your Plate in Shape (8 AM)
- Analog to Digital: Audio/Video Conversion (9 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum Exhibit (10 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (11:30 AM)
- Specialty Noon Reformer Pilates (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Teacher-Scholars: Growing UND's Best Practices (12 PM)
- UND Cycling (3:30 PM)
- Specialty Advanced Boxing (4 PM)
- Xpress Pump (5 PM)
- Intuitive Tuesday with 12 Houses (5 PM)
- Cycling for a Cause (5:15 PM)
- TurboKick! (5:45 PM)
- MyPlate Tuesdays (6 PM)
- Xpress Cycle (6:15 PM)
- Specialty Evening Reformer Pilates (6:30 PM)
- Abs Blast (7 PM)
- Night Ride (7 PM)
- Zumba (7:45 PM)
- Swing Club (9 PM)