Thursday, March 15, 2012 6 PM - 8 PM
Category: Health & Recreation, Dining Event, Social / Hobby Clubs
Contact: Jessica Poglajen 701.777.0228
Wellness Center Culinary Corner
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
According to the new MyPlate, we are supposed to fill half our plate with fruits and veggies. It isn't hard to get fruits into our diets, but the vegetables? That's another story. If you are a finicky eater, have children who stick their nose up at anything resembling a veggie, or are just looking for interesting ways to sneak in more nutrients into your diet, Secretly Nutritious is the class for you! Learn how to add vegetables and fruit to famous recipes (think along the lines of adding pureed butternut squash to macaroni N' cheese...crazy huh?!) and see if you can tell the difference. My bet, you and your "customers" won't even know what hit them. Classes will be held every Thursday in March at 6 p.m., except March 15.
Class cost is $7, but attend three classes and get the forth one free.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Spring Break (All Day)
- Spring Forward Into Savings! (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration (12:05 AM)
- Get Your Plate in Shape (8 AM)
- Mediation Refresher Training (8:30 AM)
- "Yuyanapaq: To Remember, Living Through Violence" Photography and Textile Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum Exhibit (10 AM)
- Supervisor training on wellness in the workplace! (10:15 AM)
- Advanced Reformer Pilates (5:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND SPORTS TV (6 PM)
- Basic Computer Class - Take a Byte Out of the Web (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)A Good Yarn Knitting Club (7 PM)